Valued Contributor

Re: Cheese stuffed Meatballs Good???

Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: Cheese stuffed Meatballs Good???

@GiantsLover wrote:

I have tried many bags of frozen meatballs chefs well known and otherwise, and have never been satisfied, but was seeking shortcuts to making my own time consuming meatballs and pasta meat sauce.

I made my own Greek meatballs and Greek Pasta Sauce after trying a neighbor's QVC Chef Emeril meatballs which were not edible at all. Chef Emeril's was too spicy which produced too much spicey hot heat that burned the tongue and was too hot to chew and swallow. Spit it out.

Then a few minutes later got the runs big time and intestines cramps which were very painful.

Neighbor also tasted and trashed the rest, and when I made my own Greek meatballs in Greek pasta sauce and gave her some with my home made meat ravioli she asked for the recipes, which I gave her.

I wonder if they really eat Emeril's spicey hot meatballs and sauce that hot and spicey in his restaurants, and in New Orleans, because if they do they must have  constitutions made of steel, and never get the runs from his overly spiced and very spicy hot products.   

Lesson learned so I reverted back to buying my own freshly ground sirloin steak, veal, and pork from my Butcher, and to that I also add some fresh eggs, freshly grated Parm regiano cheese, some freshly toasted and grated breadcrumbs, and plenty fresh parsley, dill, and mint leaves, salt, paprika, and Greek seasonings along with freshly grated garlic, sweet fresh carmelized diced and fried vidalia onions and a few tablespoons of milk and tap water which produce fluffy more tender meatballs.

I also brown some of the ground beef veal and pork in the fry pan well in Greek olive oil and when cooked through also add that into my Greek Meat Pasta Sauce with my Greek Meatballs.    

I mix all ingredients together and very well by hand  and refrigerate covered overnight.

The next day I shape into medium and large meatballs and  fry in vegetable and Greek olive oil until cooked the meat mixture througly.

Then place in fridge again and make my own Greek pasta sauce using my Greek seasonings and other spices including allspice and fresh grated nutmeg, Greek mountain imported oregano, with fresh Roma crushed tomatoes and fresh tomato puree and tomato paste.

Then when sauce is simmering I add all the meatballs and simmer  covered until cooked thoroughly.

Then I freeze some sauce with meatballs for another meal, and serve the rest with freshly made meat ravioli using my home made pasta dough and pasta ravioli form with rolling pin.

Now that is delicious freshly made pasta with Greek meatballs in Greek pasta sauce

I alwasy make fresh garlic bread toasted and serve with this, as well as serving an authentic pure imported Greek Feta Goat Cheese for my Greek Villager's Salad with fresh cherry tomatoes, fresh lettuce of different varieties, Greek Kalamata Olives, diced vidalia onions, and imported Greek Mountain Oregano.  I also serve plenty Greek Retsina Wine made in Greece from the Resin Trees and imported, as well as Greek Mavrothapne Wine which is an imported sweet red Greek wine.

Generally, it takes more than "a few minutes" for soemthing to ravel through your digestive system and give you the runs...Maybe its not Emerils fault...

If you can stomach Retsina, which is like liquid pine tar, you must have a tougher digestive system than you think!