Valued Contributor

Cheese stuffed Meatballs Good???

What do you think of the Beef ones?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Cheese stuffed Meatballs Good???

They do look dang good and the size is huge.  I never order food from QVC but I am seriously thinking about it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last time I ordered from them,(last  season) I got a few bags of sauce and NO meatballs at all................ 

Valued Contributor

Woman Surprised  OH NO!   Well, I just ordered them, so I will find out

Esteemed Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Last time I ordered from them,(last  season) I got a few bags of sauce and NO meatballs at all................ 

@MalteseMomma And...?  Did you call about it?  Did you cancel the order? Did they send another order? Were they good? That’s the question here.

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

Well, I ordered the beef ones a while back, telling myself they were a one-time treat since they were pretty expensive. After my first one, I went on auto-delivery. They are wonderful. I can only eat one, so that helped me justify the cost, but the only problem I had was that by the time I repackaged them (there are 9 in a bag, so I make three bags of 3 from each package), that I have to supplement with my own jarred sauce. So, when I saw today that there was extra sauce, I ordered that, too, and even tried the combo to see how the turkey ones are. 

So, I hope that if you ordered them, you will ejoy them. I don't even use pasta - just meatball and sauce in a bowl with a piece of garlic toast and a salad. Yum!

Valued Contributor

Thanks So Much, Lisa!  I did get them and its just the Hubby and me.  I dont mind using my own sauce either, but its good that it had extra today.  

I was thinking of  having them with mashed pot.  I know alot eat them like that.

And also like You do.  That sounds really good!

Thanks again.

Monke~

Trusted Contributor

I bought them at my local grocer and they were way cheaper.  Glad I did not spend the money on them.  They are not good...did not care for them at all.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have tried many bags of frozen meatballs chefs well known and otherwise, and have never been satisfied, but was seeking shortcuts to making my own time consuming meatballs and pasta meat sauce.

I made my own Greek meatballs and Greek Pasta Sauce after trying a neighbor's QVC Chef Emeril meatballs which were not edible at all. Chef Emeril's was too spicy which produced too much spicey hot heat that burned the tongue and was too hot to chew and swallow. Spit it out.

Then a few minutes later got the runs big time and intestines cramps which were very painful.

Neighbor also tasted and trashed the rest, and when I made my own Greek meatballs in Greek pasta sauce and gave her some with my home made meat ravioli she asked for the recipes, which I gave her.

I wonder if they really eat Emeril's spicey hot meatballs and sauce that hot and spicey in his restaurants, and in New Orleans, because if they do they must have  constitutions made of steel, and never get the runs from his overly spiced and very spicy hot products.   

Lesson learned so I reverted back to buying my own freshly ground sirloin steak, veal, and pork from my Butcher, and to that I also add some fresh eggs, freshly grated Parm regiano cheese, some freshly toasted and grated breadcrumbs, and plenty fresh parsley, dill, and mint leaves, salt, paprika, and Greek seasonings along with freshly grated garlic, sweet fresh carmelized diced and fried vidalia onions and a few tablespoons of milk and tap water which produce fluffy more tender meatballs.

I also brown some of the ground beef veal and pork in the fry pan well in Greek olive oil and when cooked through also add that into my Greek Meat Pasta Sauce with my Greek Meatballs.    

I mix all ingredients together and very well by hand  and refrigerate covered overnight.

The next day I shape into medium and large meatballs and  fry in vegetable and Greek olive oil until cooked the meat mixture througly.

Then place in fridge again and make my own Greek pasta sauce using my Greek seasonings and other spices including allspice and fresh grated nutmeg, Greek mountain imported oregano, with fresh Roma crushed tomatoes and fresh tomato puree and tomato paste.

Then when sauce is simmering I add all the meatballs and simmer  covered until cooked thoroughly.

Then I freeze some sauce with meatballs for another meal, and serve the rest with freshly made meat ravioli using my home made pasta dough and pasta ravioli form with rolling pin.

Now that is delicious freshly made pasta with Greek meatballs in Greek pasta sauce

I alwasy make fresh garlic bread toasted and serve with this, as well as serving an authentic pure imported Greek Feta Goat Cheese for my Greek Villager's Salad with fresh cherry tomatoes, fresh lettuce of different varieties, Greek Kalamata Olives, diced vidalia onions, and imported Greek Mountain Oregano.  I also serve plenty Greek Retsina Wine made in Greece from the Resin Trees and imported, as well as Greek Mavrothapne Wine which is an imported sweet red Greek wine.

Honored Contributor

Fresh is great but also a lot of work for those of us who don't do much cooking.  I got tired just reading it.