Super Contributor

Check out these awesome balloon treats! I have to try this!

Honored Contributor

Re: Check out these awesome balloon treats! I have to try this!

House cat

These may be a great diet trick, Hahah. IDK if I would want to destroy the string to get the chocolates out! Cute idea, and so creative!

Super Contributor

This is so cool! Wouldn't this be great at Christmas time to use as an ornament with little candies or trinkets inside!

Contributor

How clever!

Thanks for posting

Super Contributor

On 2/13/2014 shoekitty said:

House cat

These may be a great diet trick, Hahah. IDK if I would want to destroy the string to get the chocolates out! Cute idea, and so creative!

True.. though I think I could make a small enough hole to shake the candy out and still keep my egg. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

We used to make these in the 60's & 70's, but instead of using glue and water, we used a strong sugar-water solution.

This was done with colored cotton twine, not yarn and many colors were mixed together on the balloon. The dipping was done only when the balloon was done being wrapped. We cut a peep hole on one short end and piped the rim of the opening with decorators frosting and let it get hard.

They were popular around Easter time.

Thanks for the post.... it brings back and many happy memories.

Honored Contributor

SWEET!

Valued Contributor

Those are really cute!!

Honored Contributor

On 2/13/2014 shoekitty said:

House cat

Do you really think anyone this desperate to find a diet trick would be able to get the candy in there without eating it all, first?

Super Contributor

We made Easter egg baskets like this years ago. Used a med. size balloon and pastel yarns. Once dried and the balloon popped we carefully cut out a section of the egg on the narrow end. Then we put easter grass inside and the Easter bunny put treats inside when he came. It turned out pretty cute. I think my DD still has it and she's in college now. LOL