Esteemed Contributor

Hard to eat a salad these days except for Seasons Taproom EVOOs & balsamic vinegars.

Also, good chocolate like from Josh Early.

Anyone have "champagne" tastes they can recommend? Food or drink that you send away for?

Trusted Contributor

Godiva chocolate, always the best !

Honored Contributor

I can't even afford a can of Budweiser these days. Guess it's standard-issue grocery store brands for me.

Valued Contributor

YOKU MOKU Cookies from Neiman Marcus......they are the best !

Valued Contributor

I don't send away for it, but I always buy caviar for New Years Eve. Not the fancy kind, just the Romanoffs around $10.00.

Growing up, we didn't have a lot of disposable income, but my Mother put on a spread for New Years Eve that was fit for a king, just for the three of us. That was one of the best memories from my childhood.

Because of that, my husband says I have champagne taste!

Esteemed Contributor

I love Sees original walnut chocolate. Only get it a couple times A year ( no store within 3 hrs) but cut the cost a little by buying discount cards at Costco. Funny comment from sales clerk last time I bought it 6 weeks ago: she wishes Costco would sell larger denomination gift cards because companies buy large quantities for holiday sales ( and it takes time to process each gift card).

Honored Contributor

@Danky2wrote:

YOKU MOKU Cookies from Neiman Marcus......they are the best !

@Danky2

they are great! i buy and send them for christmas. have had GREAT reviews from the recipients!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

SEES CHOCOLATES, especially their peanut brittle (we dont have them on the east coast)

-

MODEL BAKERY ENGLISH MUFFINS

-

AMERICAN SPOON jams/jellies/preserves

-

GLAZED APRICOTS.....i get these from neiman marcus. i give several boxes of them each year to those who love them

-

YOKU MOKU cookies, also from neiman marcus. my s/o loves their cigar cookies.

-

HONOLULU COOKIE COMPANY cookies.....my mom loves these!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Napa Valley Naturals Cherry Wood Aged Organic Balsamic Vi...

Napa Valley Naturals Cherry Wood Aged Organic Balsamic Vinegar 4% acidity

Has to be the Cherry wood aged (not Oak wood) and 4%. This is such a treasure! I can't buy any other balsamic after using this for years. Nothing like most balsamic...this is thick and sweet like syrup...unforgettable!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Napa Valley Naturals Cherry Wood Aged Organic Balsamic Vi...

No champagne tastes for me (we like the chocolates from Aldi's). I noticed that even at the state dinner the other night, the wine was reasonably priced. Staying on budget is my primary goal.