Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Caution if you have teeth

Wild blackberries are the ones I am familiar and yes those could damage a tooth!  I never buy blackberries because of the seeds.  They are awful.

Maybe some varieties hybridized for commercial use are better, but the wild ones at least where I grew up are filled with hard seeds. Sometimes we'd sieve them for a cobbler but that was a mess.

Honored Contributor

It sounds like it would be WORSE if you didn't have any teeth......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

It sounds like it would be WORSE if you didn't have any teeth......

People can always remove their dentures and enjoy these kind of  berries.

Honored Contributor

nothing uglier or will age you worse then yellow teeth. Just paid the dentist to bleach mine. I steer clear of any seeded thing except strawberries.

Mother in law used to strain blackberries thru a strainer to get the seeds out of blackberry jelly sounds like that one gal didn't bother.

that would cramp me all night trying to pass those things. No seeds for me !

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

nothing uglier or will age you worse then yellow teeth. Just paid the dentist to bleach mine. I steer clear of any seeded thing except strawberries.

Mother in law used to strain blackberries thru a strainer to get the seeds out of blackberry jelly sounds like that one gal didn't bother.

that would cramp me all night trying to pass those things. No seeds for me !

Not much can be done about my teeth.  We tried lightening mine after I got my braces off before I got my crowns replaced.  My top front 4 teeth are crowns.  No luck on the whitening.  I have been told that if you have grey in your teeth vs yellowing they won't lighten.  That was verified by a dental expert when I went to a presentation on dental procedures.  And then I won some whitening procedures.  I gave it to my friend.  I'm not allowed to use any whitening toothpastes because of severe tooth sensitivity.  Love blackberries.  Hate the seeds though, but it wouldn't keep me from buying baked goods with them. 

Honored Contributor

yeah, they told me the bleach wouldn't work on fillings, crowns

thank God my one filling on the top is back  away, out of the smile area.

pretty well satisfied told her I didn't want piano keys teeth or news reporter teeth. Fakey. Mine just looks natural.  Hated yellow teeth makes U look

like hillbilly. LOL