Esteemed Contributor

Ingredient List On allrecipes.com. What?

I was on allrecipes.com looking for a quick blueberry cake. Been on that site before and over 50 yrs. have read thousans of recipes.  Some of ingredients list threw me.

2 Eggs, whole. raw, fresh.  As oppossed to hard boiled egss for a cake

1 cup milk, fluid.    Again, as oppossed to what, ice cream.

1 Cup water, municipal.  OK.

It was strange to say the least.  Even a beginner would know the eggs would be raw.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Ingredient List On allrecipes.com. What?

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Have you ever seen "Worst Cooks in America" on Food Network?  Some of them need to be told these things.Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I was on allrecipes.com looking for a quick blueberry cake. Been on that site before and over 50 yrs. have read thousans of recipes.  Some of ingredients list threw me.

2 Eggs, whole. raw, fresh.  As oppossed to hard boiled egss for a cake

1 cup milk, fluid.    Again, as oppossed to what, ice cream.

1 Cup water, municipal.  OK.

It was strange to say the least.  Even a beginner would know the eggs would be raw.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Wow.   50 years on Allrecipes.com?  Remarkable.  👏

I know the current Allrecipes.com was founded in 1997 after the co-founder had trouble finding his favorite cookie recipe on the Internet.  Celebrating 23 years of existence in 2020.

The recipie is very clear to me,   I have made this recipe several times. .  And no confusion with the instructions.  Cake came out beautifully.  👍

Maybe that's just me.  Maybe for those who's  English is their second language might  have trouble understanding the instructions?   JMO.

Please report back how your cake turned out.  

~Put food in front of me, and I will eat it.~

Esteemed Contributor

@EatWell   My error.  I know it hasn't been around for 50 yrs.  It should have been I've been on this site before. Period.  Over 50 yrs. I have read thousands of recipes. Period.

Honored Contributor

Sounds to me like a recipe from another country translated.  I have seen British recipes that were rather odd like that to.

Honored Contributor

@Pook    That was my thought too.  Sounds like something was translated too literally.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@EatWell   My error.  I know it hasn't been around for 50 yrs.  It should have been I've been on this site before. Period.  Over 50 yrs. I have read thousands of recipes. Period.

I got that from your post. No error. Petunia's pal doesn't make mistakes.

Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann   lo.  I wish.

Respected Contributor

What's funny to me is specifying "municipal" water. The only reason I could think of is the fact that well water can be high in minerals, and that might alter the outcome of the recipe. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 I know what you're saying, but with so many products out there, what is "common sense" to one person, may be bewilderment to someone else.

Milk also comes in dry form and there are many varieties of milk from whipping cream to skim.

My concern is since cake mixes have been so widely used for decades, will someone trying to cook know to sift the flour?