Esteemed Contributor

Caution - Chef Tony's newest chopper

First - it's not new - just another style of an old but not so good item

Over the years and just last year - bought the 'latest and greatest'.  Parts would not fit together = trash can

Other ones:   slamming veggies down chopper hole = not as easy as the Chef makes it - they must par-boil their demo foods. Raw takes a hard SLAM.

If you're impressed with this glass version - suggest you sleep on it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Caution - Chef Tony's newest chopper

So you’ve already had this one?  And why throw it away?  Past the 30 days?

I‘ve had more than one slam chopper. They have worked as advertised. I’d expect this newer version to do the same. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, way past 30 days.   Read reviews - too late - and others couldn't get the parts to line up so screws could be inserted.   Obviously Tony's doesn't have screws; but I bought a bigger - thought stronger - unit.

Glad you've had good luck.

Don't know why posters always question why item went to the trash bin.  Reason:  past the 30 day policy.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

First - it's not new - just another style of an old but not so good item

Over the years and just last year - bought the 'latest and greatest'.  Parts would not fit together = trash can

Other ones:   slamming veggies down chopper hole = not as easy as the Chef makes it - they must par-boil their demo foods. Raw takes a hard SLAM.

If you're impressed with this glass version - suggest you sleep on it. 

So, why did you order this 'another style of an old but not so good item'? 

And if the thing did not work, why didn't you send it back?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

As a contrasting point of view, I own the original large version of the chopping bowl with inserts as well as the popular smaller rectangular version that debuted a couple years ago, and they have worked perfectly for me since I purchased them. They get regular workouts in my kitchen, especially at this time of year with all the salad and fruit/veggie prep. I've also given a couple of the rectangular ones as gifts to family members, and they also love them and highly recommend them.

Honored Contributor

I have to say 

I’ve been disappointed in most chopper gizmos the I’ve purchased. The one exception is the Kuhn Rikon Pull Chopper, that one is a winner.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

The worst thing I’ve found about any of these choppers is storing all the pieces.  It’s a shame they didn’t say anything about storage with this one. Even if all the “blades” fit inside, that storage lid will have to go somewhere else. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda - In case it's helpful, with my versions where the blades all fit inside, I just attach the storage lid and close the tabs to keep everything secure, and then the chopper lid sits right on top of that and doesn't take up much extra space.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I have to say 

I’ve been disappointed in most chopper gizmos the I’ve purchased. The one exception is the Kuhn Rikon Pull Chopper, that one is a winner.

That's good to know.   I ordered one of those pull and chop machines when it was on the air several months ago, but have not used it yet...

Esteemed Contributor

I also love the pull-and-chop; it does far more than I ever thought it could. Kuhn Rikon has some really great products!