Valued Contributor

Does anybody grind their own beans for coffee?  I haven't done it in years but just ordered a grinder.  If you grind your own beans, would you be kind enough to suggest a good website where I can purchase whole beans.  I looked on-line and there are a million of them but I have no idea which ones are good. Any suggestions would be greately appreciated. Thanks in advance.  docsgirl

Respected Contributor

@docsgirl  My husband grinds beans for his coffee I don't I have my Keurig. He gets whole beans at Costco and also World Market.

Valued Contributor

My husband likes 8 o'clock from the grocery store.  They have both whole beans and ground coffee.

Respected Contributor

I don't grind my own, but always purchase my coffee from Seatle Coffee.  Occasionally they will have emails with discounts. I use a decaf of an Italian brand which I can't find in supermarkets. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi @docsgirl ,

I've been grinding whole beans for years. I'm now using Lavazza Super Crema whole beans from Amazon. It is so flavorable, not bitter, but still a dark roast. 

Happy brewing!

dee

Valued Contributor

Pablo's Pride Gourmet Guatamala Whole Bean is a superior coffee. My husband had a coffee roasting business for many years until retirement, and now this brand is all he drinks. You can get it at Sam's Club for under $10. for 2 pounds. You can also order it directly from Pablo's Pride website. My personal favorite is Dunkin Donuts Original Blend Whole Bean, which you can get at almost any supermarket.

Respected Contributor

There may be a privately owned coffee roaster close to where you live.  I buy different kinds of whole beans, light roast for my automatic espresso machine and darker roast for the coffee maker.  I like trying different kinds of roasts but my favorite is a light roast called Leviathan by Anchorhead Cofffee.  It smells so good that I want to chew the beans myself!  There are other very good roasts like Dancing Goats and Whirling Dervish both by Batdorf and Bronson and I also like Holler Mountain from Stumptown Roasters.  All of those I get from Seattle Coffe Gear but I also buy from a local roaster. 

Have fun experimenting! 

Valued Contributor

Thank you so much for your suggestions.  I did purchase a bag of Eight O'Clock beans from my local grocery.  I will check out some of our local coffee shops to see if they sell beans.  I'll also try to get some beans from Dunkin.  I very much appreciate you taking the time to respond.  Thanks, again.           docsgirl

Valued Contributor

I have a super-automatic espress machice that grinds the beans etc. then makes my chosen coffee drink. (I have 3 cappucinos every morning). I bought the machine from Seattle Coffee Gear and have beans on automatic delivery. I am currently mixing bags of full caffeine and decaf so that I'm drinking half/caf. I will probably move on to all decaf.

I also buy beans from a local roaster.

Regular Contributor

Re: COFFEE BEANS

[ Edited ]

We have found that we really like Breakfast Blend whole bean coffee that Sam's Club has.  It's their own brand  and, as whole beans go, is not only really good but relatively reasonable.  I believe that it is also fair trade and organic.  We have also enjoyed Firehouse Coffee, which we order online.  This coffee company is owned/run by firefighters and 10% of the proceeds go to help emergency personel who have been injured.  As my brother is a retired firefighter, I like to support their efforts.  Their original blend medium roast coffee is very good.  When we like to splurge, we get our coffee beans from local roasters.