Trusted Contributor

I received an email, stating that CHEFS is going out of buisness, with major, up to 90% off, but it is now to impossible to get onto the web site, stating that it is too busy......Woman Mad

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Esteemed Contributor

WOW  that's a surprise.  They carry a lot of everything - I receive their catalogs but never look through it - I'm giving charity stuff to reduce my clutter.  To bad for them.

Valued Contributor

I got the same email, went online, but the prices I saw for what I was interested in were surely not 90% off. They were not even 50% off of what the normal prices were for those items! I was looking for some new cookie sheets and I have shopped enough to know what the going rate is for good ones. I ended up leaving the site without buying anything.

Respected Contributor

I get the catalog in the mail and have known about the sale for a while.  Maybe the best clearance items are already sold out.

I bought two of the utensil crocks and the turntable bases for them at half off after admiring them in the catalog for a couple of years.  You won't find some brand-name or high-end  items at sharply reduced prices, however, (such as LeCreuset), because the manufacturers don't allow it.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the heads up; I bought 2 40 pc tableware sets and a utensil set.

Respected Contributor

I was able to get the one "never burn" pot that. I did not yet have - the braiser for $29. And a 12qt. Stainless bowl for when I have a lot of dough to raise - $7.95.  

The brand name prices were not that good.

Respected Contributor

I always loved looking through them, but never bought very much from them.  

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*