Trusted Contributor

Re: C'mon. 'Fess up. What cooking related item have you bought that you REALLY don't need?

Different viewpoints. I love my electric pressure cooker. I make long-cooking grains and beans-it's so much faster in the PC.

Respected Contributor

Re: C'mon. 'Fess up. What cooking related item have you bought that you REALLY don't need?

Bought a pasta maker years ago. Used it once.

Bought a Vegetti last summer - Still unopened.

Esteemed Contributor

I live alone but have two waffle makers. I make waffles about once a year. If that often.

Contributor

On 3/3/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

I must be the ONLY person in the U.S. that doesn't own a George Foreman grill!

No you have a friend that does not own one - ME. Have lots of other ""stuff"".

I did use most everything (rotation) until developing arthritis in both shoulders and one knee so cooking is not fun or done much any more. :-(

Esteemed Contributor

OMG house_cat,

have you been peeking around my kitchen,

I am OCD about kitchen stuff (not to mention several others things{#emotions_dlg.blushing})

Probably the Ninja nutriblender, I already have 3 different sizes of Ninja's with the power tops.

Esteemed Contributor

This thread not only makes me laugh

it makes me feel more normal.

.....eta

where do you find those electronic soap dispensers

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/3/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

I must be the ONLY person in the U.S. that doesn't own a George Foreman grill!

Tinkrbl

I have bought a couple and gave them away so does that count as not owning one

Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 AZ Diamondback Mom said:

No you have a friend that does not own one - ME. Have lots of other "stuff".

I did use most everything (rotation) until developing arthritis in both shoulders and one knee so cooking is not fun or done much any more. :-(

I have used a contact grill for many years and, actually, it is one of the things that makes for some quick and easy cooking. I don't use the George Foreman brand because I just didn't like those at all - too hard to try and get the top closed before the food slides off and that grease tray just sitting on the counter is an accident waiting to happen for a klutz like me. Other brands have a flat grill surface and a grease tray that slides into the side. Much better!

But the contact grill (if you get a better one) is a nice thing to have. I don't use it every day but it gets enough use that I don't put it away. Actually had a cover made for it because, well, I'm weird. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Two items never used, a pizza stone and a food mill. I rarely eat pizza and I know the pizza stone can be used for other things. What do you use it for and how do you clean it? I bought the food mill because I thought I might do some canning and I thought you might need it for tomato sauce? Also Martha Stewart also used it so much? How do you use your food mill?
Trusted Contributor

Yonannas, anyone?