Esteemed Contributor

@coffee drinker - I agree with many of the other posters here: Get the 12-cup version and spend the extra on Nordic Ware cast pans (not thin aluminum). You won't regret it! They offer superior baking, superior definition in your cakes, and superior release and cleanability. Plan to spend at least $25 to get a quality pan (unless you're getting an amazing sale price somewhere)—but also shop around a bit, because the same pan can be $25 at one retailer and $40 at another.

As a self-confessed Bundt-a-holic who owns around 40 pans in different sizes and shapes, I'd be happy to answer other questions if you have them, and I'm sure the other avid bakers in this group will chime in to help you get what you need. Good luck!

Respected Contributor

Re: Bundt Cake Pan

[ Edited ]

A BIG "thank you" for all who responded to my post.  I can always count on you to help and advise me whenever I need guidance.  YOU ARE ALL THE BEST!!!  Now to find a good value on a Nordicware pan.

@loriqvc @Texas Gray Wolf @KatieB @pattiewaddle @Kachina624 @sooner @aroc3435 @still raining @justbling

Hope I got everyone. 

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker 

This chart should help you out. HTH

Conversion Chart 1.PNG

Conversion Chart 2.PNG

Respected Contributor

Thank you @Nightowlz .  The chart is very helpful.  I'll post it on my fridge.

Contributor

I bought the Temptations bundt pan but haven't used it yet. I really like the design. It is not as tall as my old pan but will hold a large cake as it's wider in design.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bundt Cake Pan

[ Edited ]

One 9"x2" round cake pan holds 8 cups of batter - same as an 8x8" square pan. For a "regular" size cake from a box mix or scratch, you'd need two 9" round cake pans.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a new Nordicware bundt pan from Amazon for $10 ( saved $30 due to credits I had from being big spender) and it arrived yesterday.  Made a Buttermilk Pound Cake immediately and it was yummy!