Honored Contributor
I bought buckwheat pancake mix at a Kroger-owned store up to about 10 years ago, but they never carried it in the summertime, just winter. I haven't looked for it since. There are tons of mixes, including Aunt Jemima, offered on Amazon....http://www.amazon.com/Aunt-Jemima-Whole-Wheat-Pancake/dp/B0083XRQA8/ref=sr_1_8?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid...
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Ummm, Buckwheat is a wheat.... You might want to look it up....

Contributor

Try these:

http://www.ployes.com/online-catalog.html

Easy to make. 1C mix w/ 1 1/3C cold water. Let rest 5 minutes. Cook. Excellent!

They also sell buckwheat flour and there are recipes on the web for making your own mix. Google Ployes and they'll come up.

Frequent Contributor
Buckwheat is not wheat, it is gluten free, it is related to the rhubarb family.
Contributor

Quaker Oats makes a great buckwheat pancake mix! I order it on their website along with their yellow corn meal. I can't find either of them in the stores anymore so this is an acceptable answer. I usually order a couple containers of each one and put them in the freezer where they will keep about a year ( if we don't eat it all first). It's our favorite brand for both products. Also, I've seen it on Amazon but it came in a very large quantity...something like 6 boxes!! It was way more than we could use.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/15/2014 Raider Fan said:

Thanks for the Whole Foods tip. We have one a couple of miles from us. I'm on my way! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Hope you found it. I was actually grocery shopping at WF yesterday and checked just to make sure and the one by me had it. Jackthebear also mentioned Arrowhead Mills, which WF also has. Guess what I'm having for breakfast today????

Have a great Sunday!

MTH

Honored Contributor

My Papaw absolutely loved buckwheat pancakes. For over 30 years, without fail, he and a cousin had a standing date for breakfast on a certain Saturday of the month, to enjoy his buckwheat cakes. I recently ran across the recipe written in Papaw's bold handwriting:

1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour, 1 cup all purpose flour, 1 quart lukewarm water, 1 tsp salt, 1 cake yeast, 2 Tbsp molasses, and 2 tsp melted butter. Dissolve yeast in warm water, then mix with salt and both flours. The batter will be thin. Let batter sit out overnight---DO NOT refrigerate (Papaw covered with a dish towel). Right before making the pancakes, stir in the molasses and melted butter.

I never liked the taste of the pancakes, even when covered in nice thick syrup, but I so enjoy the memory of Papaw and his cousin enjoying their monthly breakfast over a pot of Eight O'Clock coffee! Papaw died @ age 77, but he was still cooking this special breakfast right up to the month before he died.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you RedTop that recipe looks great I'll have to try it after I buy some buckwheat.

Respected Contributor

I've never made buckwheat pancakes, but DH and I went to the Maple Tree Inn, known for its pancakes, a couple of weeks ago. DH got the buckwheat (I got the buttermilk) and I tasted his--delicious!

What worries you masters you.