Trusted Contributor

Just plain for me...but choc chips every now and then are good as well.

I love brownies

Honored Contributor

I like the brownies to contain nuts/chocolate bits -

no frosting - but I won't say no if it was offered to me

Honored Contributor

I like them a lot of different ways. I really like slutty brownies, which are layered with chocolate chip cookie dough on the bottom, a layer of oreo cookies and topped with brownie batter. Cheesecake brownies are great. Brownies with peanut butter cream cheese frosting. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Looks great!  I haven't had a brownie in a zillion years but I would definitely say that they need to have walnuts in them.

I've never seen them frosted.  I don't think I'd like that, but I do like the idea of coconut (I ALWAYS like the idea of coconut! Smiley Very Happy).

Trusted Contributor

I like a simple plain brownie - but it MUST have nuts.

Sometimes I will put Andes mint candy on top after coming

out of the oven. Melt and spread for a nice icing.

Honored Contributor

When you are in the mood for something really decadent: Spread a layer of chocolate chip cookie dough, then a layer of Oreos (lined up in rows), then top it with brownie batter.  Bake according to your brownie recipe instructions.  Allow to cool.  Cut and remove from pan (or vice versa, whichever is your preference.

Honored Contributor

Chewy brownies with pecans, light chocolate icing and chopped pecans on top.   

Valued Contributor

I use Paula Deens recipe all the time. Pour 1/2 the brownie mix into the pan and top with 3 large symphony toffee & almond bars and then pour the rest of the batter on top and bake as usual.

Sooo good

cookin

Contributor

The Joy of Cooking recipe with 1/4 tsp espresso powder and double the vanilla. Espresso zapps up the chocolate flavor re the Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten!

Contributor

Peanut butter swirl brownies.jpg

These are my favorite brownies -  Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies.  I found the recipe in the Taste of Home magazine several years ago.