Honored Contributor

I always broil steaks, hamburgers and pork chops.  I make my own very inexpensive "waterbroiler" by adding a small amount of water to my ordinary broiler pan.  Dripping just float on the water requiring minimal clean up with no burning on.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@jlynn14   Normally, I use a roasting pan to roast and a broiler pan to broil.  I have broiled pork chops and there was enough drippings in the water broiler  pan to make gravy.  You only add about 1/2 water into the pan to broil.

If you use it as a roaster pan, you wouldn't have to add water and the drippings would collect as normal.  You can use the pan with and without water.

I always use a little water when I broil.  I make bacon wrapped scallops and don't put water in the pan and I do broil them that way.  I also broil bacon in the pan without the water.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@ECBG  I found the website:

It's listed at $75.00. I'll have to think about that.

The same seller has them on e-bay for about $60 which includes  shipping without the tongs...which IMO are not all that great anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't for a couple of reasons. I just have a "thing" about that high heat. I have a small Hamilton Beach indoor grill that I use to sear steaks, and I'm okay with that because the spattering is minimal. The problem I've had with using the broiler is that my oven ended up being a mess. The water broiling pan mentioned here sounds like a solution, but I'm just not in the habit of using the oven broiler.