Contributor

I have been a customer of temptations since day one and I have many sets and have gifted it many times.  First off I would like to give QVC customer  service the highest compliment they are always excellant.  I had gifted a set of nestable baking dishes to my daughter last year.  Last night she decided to put a steak in one of the dishes and broil the steak.  Unfortunately the dish cracked. I called QVC customer service they gave me Temptations customer service number.  Called this morning and again their customer service was excellent as well. They are replacing the dish.  However the woman I spoke to advised not to put the dish close to the heating element and not to put anything frozen or cold in the dish when broiling.  Also she advised to put the plate in the oven when the oven is still cold and let the plate heat up with the oven. All good advise.  She was very nice and very helpful.  But I really think after all these years this information should be shared on air when selling.  Always a fan! Xxoo

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Broiling with Temptations

Glad you are pleased with Temptations customer service, but I threw away all of my Temptations---too many do's and don'ts to prevent cracking.....love my Pyrex and Corningware.....never have to contact CS......

Esteemed Contributor

Never purchased Temptations and never will.  My Corning set is  (hmmm) older than I wish to tell.  Just say I bought it when I was about 21 years old.  Paint trim decoration is still perfect after thousands of dishwasher cleaning. 

Valued Contributor

I hAfraid to use ave two gorgeous pieces of temptations that I will not use except for decorative.

Valued Contributor

Fingers on wrong keys.  I have two absolutely gorgeous pieces of Temp-tations and I will not use them  for baking, only for decorative.

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

Glad you are pleased with Temptations customer service, but I threw away all of my Temptations---too many do's and don'ts to prevent cracking.....love my Pyrex and Corningware.....never have to contact CS......

@nana59  ... me too ... all the Temptations I bought went in the garbage years ago .... I use my Corningware now & never have a problem.

Honored Contributor

i use and enjoy all of my temptations pieces.....back from when they were first on the air through this past holiday season. i do love the seasonal pieces in partcular.

so glad to hear your positive customer service experience @QVCFanfromLongIsland. thanks also for the tips.

for people wanting to try the temptations line, i highly recommend doing so once the christmas returns policy begins in september. you will have four  full months to use the product and see how it works for you. i have never had any problems with mine.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Good luck to those of you who use this line.  This has been discussed numerous times on these boards.  I've had disasters with mine and recycled all of them!  JUNK!!!

Trusted Contributor

I was watching a video of Tara's friend pulling a casserole out of the oven and when she put it in the table the handle broke right off.  I couldn't believe what just happened so I watch it again and sure enough. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ceramic bakeware, regardless of brand, is not particularly suitable for close  intense heat under a broiler. 

Broiled foods should be cooked on or in a metal pan to be safe.