Trusted Contributor

She is in business and has to do what the market tells her to do or she loses money.  Other "Designers" do this as well, they change with the times.

Honored Contributor

I have "boring" white china. 

I only really use it for special occasions but I can change up the look with table linens and accessories.  White has its advantages!

Honored Contributor

Re: Boring white ware

[ Edited ]

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

I do not own, nor would I ever own, boring white china.

All my patterns have lots of colors and flowers.

Here are two of my favorites:

Every day china: Lenox Butterfly

Sale: Lenox ~ Butterfly Meadow ~ Dinnerware ~ Hydrangea Dinner Plate, Price  $19.00 in Peckville, PA from Live With It by Lora Hobbs

Fine china:  Aynsley Pembroke

Pembroke (Gold Trim) Dinner Plate by Aynsley, John | Replacements, Ltd.:

@FancyPhillyshopper The Lenox pattern reminds me a bit of my "Something Blue" by Mikasa.  (I don't know how to post a photo).  It's very pretty & similar.  I have a few place settings in that pattern.  I got it when I first got married. 

However several years after we were married I found the same china only in all white (without the flowers & butterflies) also by Mikasa called "White Silk".  It's exactly the same thing only without the flowers, etc.  Of course I had to buy it and use it every year.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I grew up with "blue willow".    Can you imagine what spaghetti looks like on THAT.....besides the pattern made me dizzy.   I developed a "mental block".....and can now only eat on plain white or cream plates.

Blue Willow Coupe Luncheon Plate by Spode Image 1

I grew up with this pattern too.  Never liked it.

Esteemed Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

I do not own, nor would I ever own, boring white china.

All my patterns have lots of colors and flowers.

Here are two of my favorites:

Every day china: Lenox Butterfly

Sale: Lenox ~ Butterfly Meadow ~ Dinnerware ~ Hydrangea Dinner Plate, Price  $19.00 in Peckville, PA from Live With It by Lora Hobbs

Fine china:  Aynsley Pembroke

Pembroke (Gold Trim) Dinner Plate by Aynsley, John | Replacements, Ltd.:

@FancyPhillyshopper, Love your patterns!  All my dinnerware is patterned, our best, our everyday, our holiday, and now the blue and white I am randomly collecting.  All English, which is interesting.  

I would buy a few serving pieces in white to complement any of our dishes, but that would be it.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have a set of white Corningware dishes with a simple black design on the edges.   I love it, it's vintage!   I like the fact that I can mix in colorful salad or soup dishes I also have from Fiesta.   And let me not forget my tall water glasses with sunflowers on them and crazy colored napkins, LOL!   My kids love my set ups for the holidays.  

Honored Contributor

I bought my dinnerware in 1989 and still love it.  I can use it for every day or good.  It's Wedgwood Nantucket Basket.  It goes with anything.  I've never gotten tired of it or wanted to replace it.

541F5CBC-6AFF-43A0-BCF3-AE78E85DBC88.jpeg

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I think you are actually trying to puy Tara down for 'changing her mind' about white more than you are trying to have a discussion about liking white pieces or not.

She has moved towards what the customer's want...that is being a good business woman.

I don't care for Old World at all....and sometimes the hand painted option makes it look less expensive (which it is compared to other lines of stoneware)

I think the solid pieces are more classy.....good move on her part to bring it back.

Bottom line IS what sells....

Super Contributor

I'll  put her down for saying white is boring but mine (temptations) aren't. Maybe I have white serving pieces and her's are boring. She might change her mine but is she going to apologize for what she said too? 

Honored Contributor

I had boring white dishes forever---until the fiestaware fairyWoman Wink hit me with her wand and I got rid of all the white and got all the colors of fiestaware ---makes me happy opening my cabinets and see those beautiful colors---but I still have some white serving pieces--not many but just a few.