Respected Contributor

Boring white ware

[ Edited ]

For years,Tara put down boring white ware and touted her colorful temptations bake ware. Now she is selling, you guessed it, boring white ware. I guess boring white ware sells.

Honored Contributor

Like having neutral home decor, there are many advantages to having boring white ware.  You can always jazz it up with colorful accessories and linens or use it with more decorative, colorful dinnerware. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I grew up with "blue willow".    Can you imagine what spaghetti looks like on THAT.....besides the pattern made me dizzy.   I developed a "mental block".....and can now only eat on plain white or cream plates.

Blue Willow Coupe Luncheon Plate by Spode Image 1

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@chessylady   White shows off the food.

Respected Contributor

I only buy "boring white ware." Love it.

Trusted Contributor

@Desertdi  I always loved this pattern and Blue Italian by Spode. Just so pretty to me.

Your post made me laugh. I can totally understand the dizziness.Woman LOL

I never bought any. Still love it though. Very Asian inspired.

Respected Contributor

I am also a fan of boring white ware.  It mixes in easily with other patterns and colors.

When I was engaged and picking out my dishes (this was 1973) I wanted heavy thick white dinnerware like one would see in cafeterias, coffee shops, luncheonettes, etc.  My Mom thought I was crazy.  

Couldn't find what I wanted so I had to settle for something else which was mostly white.  

Respected Contributor

I do not own, nor would I ever own, boring white china.

All my patterns have lots of colors and flowers.

Here are two of my favorites:

Every day china: Lenox Butterfly

Sale: Lenox ~ Butterfly Meadow ~ Dinnerware ~ Hydrangea Dinner Plate, Price  $19.00 in Peckville, PA from Live With It by Lora Hobbs

Fine china:  Aynsley Pembroke

Pembroke (Gold Trim) Dinner Plate by Aynsley, John | Replacements, Ltd.:

Esteemed Contributor

If you're referring to Tara's white Woodland pieces, they have a lovely faux bois pattern that definitely isn't boring to me—it is actually a more sophisticated option than some of her cutesy/whimsical designs. I won't be buying any of it anytime soon since my cupboards are overflowing with specialty dishes, but I do think it's nice.

Honored Contributor

lol. Some white ware IS boring.  I know because I had some.   But I often prefer to buy plain in white or color because I can more easily mix colors than patterns.