Respected Contributor

Re: Bobby Chez????

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper

I agree with everything you said.  Crab cakes and  "Crab Imperial" are two favorites I make at home.  

Crab cakes can be perfectly awful when ordered in  many restaurants, and I didn't think those crab cakes on TV last night looked good or  anything remotely resembling Maryland crab cakes. 

Of course, it can be hard to produce a huge quantity of crab cakes and give them a decent, well-preserved storage life, so quality is probably sacrificed right there.

I was totally turned off when he mentioned that they contain a roux (made with flour, probably), and that fried coating didn't look too great either.

A little beaten egg, a little mayo, some lemon juice,  and  Old Bay seafood seasoning are just about the only requirements for turning high-quality jumbo lump crab into a fabulous feast.

Regular Contributor

@novamc1wrote:

Never heard of Bobby Chez or watched him on QVC, but did see him last night on Evine and heard him brag  more than once about large quantities of his burgers and  crabcakes he supposedly sold previously as a QVC vendor.

Evine is, how do you say, the minor leagues of home shopping networks. IMO I see a lot of unprofessionalism quite often when watching the channel. Things which wouldn't be accepted on HSN or QVC seems the norm for Evine.

Valued Contributor

@ULYwrote:

@novamc1wrote:

Never heard of Bobby Chez or watched him on QVC, but did see him last night on Evine and heard him brag  more than once about large quantities of his burgers and  crabcakes he supposedly sold previously as a QVC vendor.

Evine is, how do you say, the minor leagues of home shopping networks. IMO I see a lot of unprofessionalism quite often when watching the channel. Things which wouldn't be accepted on HSN or QVC seems the norm for Evine.

This is true with Evine hosts. QVC hosts are not as professional as they used to be but still noticeably better than Evine. 

New Contributor

GLAD TO SEE THAT BOBBY CHEZ'S 5 0Z JUMBO CRAB CAKES ARE NOW BEING SOLD ON EVINE LIVE. I ALWAYS PURCHASED THEM ON QVC.  SORRY TO SEE THEY NO LONGER CARRY THEM

Regular Contributor

Bobby Chez has the best crabcakes out there no matter what channel he is on. His smashburgers are unbeatable!! I did order the TS on auto delivery and also picked up his smashed burgers. As for Evine their clothes are very nice and reasonale!! I have purchased many tops that are adorable and half the cost of what QVC charges. Anyone who ordered I hope enjoys!!!!!

Occasional Contributor

good to know!!!  I love Bobby Chez!  thank you.

Occasional Contributor

darn it guess I am too late.......just checked evine and Bobby Chez is no longer on there.