Honored Contributor

Seems that there are quite a few new posters here in favor of a particular vendor. (not speaking of the vendor's wife).

Solicitations and/or advertising are against Community Standards.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I agree @suzyQ3. It is so transparent.  The Mods should really look into this.

Trusted Contributor

@south jersey girl wrote:

I haven't seen Bobby Chez for a long time.  Is he still on QVC??

@south jersey girl

No.

He’s selling his crab cakes and burgers on Evine now.

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

My husband ate some crab cakes at a popular seafood restaurent and got food poisoning or something. He was sick at both ends. Sticking with salmon from now on.

LOL

@SharkE

I quit eating salmon because of this warning:

http://www.sfgate.com/food/article/Salmon-sushi-tapeworm-u-s-fish-10859478.php

Respected Contributor

Re: Bobby Chez????

[ Edited ]

I'm glad he's on Evine now, as I was very disappointed when he left QVC.  Crab cakes are pricey, so I prefer to buy them from a shopping channel with payment options rather than get them from the company website.  I also ordered his burgers several times and loved them.

I was really surprised when QVC didn't renew his contract as his products appeared to be very popular with viewers.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

My husband ate some crab cakes at a popular seafood restaurent and got food poisoning or something. He was sick at both ends. Sticking with salmon from now on.

LOL

@SharkE

@EatWell wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

LOL

@SharkE

think that pertains to RAW fish. I cook my salmon in the air fryer for 15 minutes and buy from a supermarket . I think it's all raised in what they call farm raised ponds.

I'll be sure to ask, though.

thanks ! (I think) LOL

Interesting , user name, there.

Bobby Chez is now on Evine.com. BTW, I personally have never tried his products so I don't know if they are good or not. However, I checked out reviews of his products (particularly his crab cakes), and the food reviews are all 4-star or better. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Never heard of Bobby Chez or watched him on QVC, but did see him last night on Evine and heard him brag  more than once about large quantities of his burgers and  crabcakes he supposedly sold previously as a QVC vendor.

I thought it was odd to mention another shopping channel and try to leverage that alleged popularity of his items in a new venue.

If his food was so good on QVC and sold in huge quantities, why is he now  selling somewhere else?  Inquiring customers might want to know....especially if quality was a factor in the change?

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 his burgers are hands down the best I have ever had.  I've purchased a few orders and the quality is always consistently terrific.  I very highly recommend them.

To those that are in the market to purchase, they are now available on auto-delivery at a special price so you may want to take a look.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@novamc1wrote:

Never heard of Bobby Chez or watched him on QVC, but did see him last night on Evine and heard him brag  more than once about large quantities of his burgers and  crabcakes he supposedly sold previously as a QVC vendor.

I thought it was odd to mention another shopping channel and try to leverage that alleged popularity of his items in a new venue.

If his food was so good on QVC and sold in huge quantities, why is he now  selling somewhere else?  Inquiring customers might want to know....especially if quality was a factor in the change?

@novamc1It doesn't surprise me that he talked about something he probably should not have.  When he was on QVC selling his crabcakes he often mentioned how his were way better than those "Maryland crab cakes."  I always thought that was such desperate sales talk.  The crab cakes were two entirely different styles -- his had that creamy roux inside, which I thought looked and tasted absolutely horrible!  Maryland crab cakes are made altogether differently, and have their own special taste.  

He just always rubbed me the wrong way, like a very sketchy used car salesman.