Honored Contributor

Blueberry Pie Comparison

[ Edited ]

I made a fresh  blueberry pie several weeks ago using a deep dish Pet Ritz deep dish crust.  Then, at the beach our newly 14 yr old grandson made the same  pie.

I was at Fresh Market the other day and brought and froze their blueberry pie which I thawed tonight.

As easy as that Betty Crocker recipe was, using a deep dish frozen Pet Ritz pie crust for top and bottom,  mine was superior.  For a deep fish, use a 10 in recipe.

Theirs wasn't anywhere as good..

Here's the recipe:

20200624_201348.jpg

I did NOT use lemon juice or cinnamon.

Honored Contributor

Re: Blueberry Pie Comparison

@ECBG -

That sounds so good!

Do you use cinnamon and if you do, can you taste the cinnamon in it?

Blueberry pie is probably my favorite pie! I used to make a really good appleSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@ECBG -

That sounds so good!

Do you use cinnamon and if you do, can you taste the cinnamon in it?

Blueberry pie is probably my favorite pie! I used to make a really good appleSmiley Happy

@on the bay No, I don't use cinnamon or lemon.  If I made a peach one, I would use some fruit fresh.

I wanted traditional pie, not a "twist".  I don't get it often enough to "twist", lol!!!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG ,

I'd want the traditional too.

So, I'll be right over!Woman LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@ECBG ,

I'd want the traditional too.

So, I'll be right over!Woman LOL

@on the bay Mine was much better.  The FM one, meh.....

I'd wait if I were you.

Honored Contributor

I like mine with 1/4 tsp cinnamon and 2 tbsp lemon juice, and a lattice top crust.