Honored Contributor

Re: Best *coffee makers* (Consumer Reports)

I still use a Braun coffeemaker that I bought 35 years ago. It makes good coffee and suits my purposes.

Honored Contributor

Being the least complicated, I guess I'd go for the Hamilton Beach next time I need a replacement.  I usually go for a Mr. Coffee or Black and Decker cheapie, as we seem to go through them every couple years.  I ended up trashing a rather complicated programable one a few years ago, there was no way to simply turn the thing on. At six in the morning I don't want anything beyond on and off.  

Honored Contributor

We drink tons of strong, black coffee (Peets Major Dickason) every morning. We use the Cuisinart 14 cup, the original one, and love it. I think it's pretty much the same as this new touch-screen one.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Thank you for sharing @feline groovy , and I love the plum color on your kettle. 

Something is wacky with our Kuerig, it makes the coffee way too hot (for my liking) and it won't die (and I've been waiting for it to, so I can replace it with something with a timer).

Respected Contributor

I have been happy with Hamilton Beach's ' 'Scoop' one cup coffee maker. It cleans easily and makes different sizes and strengths of hot coffee. It does not use pods.

I purchased after sending back 2 of the Keurig's slim type single use . QVC & Keurig made good on both , but it was disappointing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the post I needed. DH's coffee pot ran water all over the kitchen floor before we got up this morning so he needs a new one. LOL!!

I see his cheap Hamilton Beach is on the list. Maybe he can just get another one of those. It's closer to $40 now. I paid about $20 for it. He likes it because he said it makes hot coffee.

Super Contributor

Feline groovy your heart is in the right place, but taking content from Consumer Reports is a copyright violation.