Honored Contributor

Best Q items I bought for kitchen lately!

[ Edited ]

I bought these items on "clearance or ODO" and so glad I did!

K45426 - groovetech knife: love it just like demo nothing sticks & slices great!

K44543- CE lightweight 5 qt cast iron Dutch oven - cooks evenly and even with roast in it I can lift it! I donated my other heavy CI pieces. 

K43975 - Disposal genie stopper - how did I ever live for years without this perfect gadget!!! No more forks, baking tips, etc. falling into my disposal (from not paying attention til I turn it on😲)

and can be turned to fill sink with water.

How about you? I love to hear about others good finds! Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Best Q items I bought for kitchen lately!

The yonanas frozen dessert maker. I use it all of the time !🍨

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

K45216

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Contributor

H207177 Temp-tations Wire Cake Pedestal with (4) 11" Glass Trivets I am not a fan of Temptation because the quality of the "hand painted" items is a joke. However, I love this cake stand. Saw it on a lunchtime special and figured my chances were good since the design was probably printed on the trivets. 4 trivets - one for each season. Super cute.
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I bought these items on "clearance or ODO" and so glad I did!

K45426 - groovetech knife: love it just like demo nothing sticks & slices great!

K44543- CE lightweight 5 qt cast iron Dutch oven - cooks evenly and even with roast in it I can lift it! I donated my other heavy CI pieces. 

K43975 - Disposal genie stopper - how did I ever live for years without this perfect gadget!!! No more forks, baking tips, etc. falling into my disposal (from not paying attention til I turn it on😲)

and can be turned to fill sink with water.

How about you? I love to hear about others good finds! Thanks!

Thank you for telling us about the disposal genie @homedecor1!  I looked at the video and then ordered one from here.  It's exactly what I need.  I found one on Amazon for half the price, but it didn't have the feature that you could close your sink and fill it up with water.  I like the idea of being able to do that.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@MELAMWO wrote:
H207177 Temp-tations Wire Cake Pedestal with (4) 11" Glass Trivets I am not a fan of Temptation because the quality of the "hand painted" items is a joke. However, I love this cake stand. Saw it on a lunchtime special and figured my chances were good since the design was probably printed on the trivets. 4 trivets - one for each season. Super cute.

I almost bought that when I saw it on special.   I looked at the reviews.   One of the owners spray painted the  stand white, it really looked good!    Another reviewer said her plates were melamine.    ??????    The description states the trivets are glass.  I own no Temptations but I almost bought the cake pedestal.   I've been in the market for a new one.   With the price & S&H it would be over $20 and just wasn't going to go there for it.  I'm looking for a cake plate with a dome.

Esteemed Contributor

Here's my "short" list:

Groove tech knives----use them every day

Disposal genie----

Orka silicone microwave containers---the best for reheating leftovers

Sistrema mugs---great for ramen noodles and reheating pasta leftovers

Silicone oven mits---I think they were MCM--use them 5 days out of 7

Kuhn Rikon can opener and bottle opener--the best---use every day

Honored Contributor

food saver.jpeg

Food saver - flip up model

fridge set.jpeg

Lock and Lock fridge storage set

skillet.jpeg

Le Creuset Oval Skillet

mini domes.jpeg

Lock and Lock Mini-Dome set

Now, we need another thread about the worst purchases. I've bought a couple of real clunkers in the past few years, but I don't want to post them here and risk having someone think I'm recommending them.

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

I love CE lightweight cast iron. I don't have the 5 qt one but do have the 3.5qt with skillet lid and just got the 4.5qt that is almost like a small wok. It's like they haven't decided if they want to keep making it because they bring them in and put it fairly quickly on clearance. 

I got the round lock and lock nestable wicker look baskets at the same time as the newest lightweight cast iron pan.  They are so much nicer than expected. I use the larger one in the bathroom and the two smaller ones in the kitchen.

i also have the Le Creuset Oval enameled cast iron skillet and it is my go to pan for cooking a lot of things at once. The light weight CE cast iron is what I use all the time because it cleans up so fast and is so much lighter. 

Valued Contributor

http://www.qvc.com/Kuhn-Rikon-24-Cup-Pull-Chop-Food-Chopper.product.K44655.html

Small device, but I love it. It chops many food items easily.