Honored Contributor

Barefoot Contessa is on with new shows . . . :)

Today's she's in LA with Wolfgang Puck and Jennifer Garner amongst others.  Glad to have her back!

Honored Contributor

Re: Barefoot Contessa is on with new shows . . . :)

Of all the cooks, chefs, etc on FN, Ina is my favorite.  Not favorite for the show format, or even her personally, although I do love her.  But favorite for her recipes.  I have 3 of her cookbooks.  Along with 2 Foster's Market cookbooks they are the only one's I use.  The recipes work. Everything I have made is fairly easy, with flavor.  The recipes always look special, and just have something different.  it is like having gourmet food, that is simple and wonderful tasting!

Her baking recipes are too die for. I give her cookbooks to new brides, and friends.  A few are classics and always asked for .  Try her Old Fashioned Banana Cake, her pound cake, gingerbread,her choco chip cookies are legendary and the Lemon Angel Food is fresh and flavorful.  Many times with other recipes, I see a picture and it looks good.  The ingredients seem great, but either it is lacking when made, or it fails.  I am an experienced, cook with 50+ years under my belt.  I cannot believe the recipes that fail, like they have never been tested well.

Honored Contributor

Re: Barefoot Contessa is on with new shows . . . :)

I watched, and enjoyed, the first episode of this new season.  It was an hour long, which was nice.

I mostly watched because she had Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka on.  Really like them both and have been an NPH fan since he was a little kid.

Not so much a fan of Puck (sooooo creepy!), but it was a fairly short segment.  I noticed that he had (it was in Spago in LA) a big old Hobart stand mixer and a KitchenAid.  Wonder why he doesn't use the appliances that have his name on them, in his restaurants.  Smiley Wink   

There was also a segment with Jennifer Garner, at her house.