Super Contributor

I bought two cartons of ice cream at Trader Joe's last week--Coffee Blast and Golden Caramel Swirl.  Wow!  They're both so good!  I almost bought the mint chip but didn't this time.  Has anyone tried the mint chip?

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Honored Contributor

Re: Trader Joe's Ice Cream

[ Edited ]

No, NickNack, I can never see beyond the Coffee Blast.  I love that one.  Their salted caramel sauce in a small jar is addictive, too.  I have to avert my eyes to get past itSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I've been ice cream free ever since Blue Bell quit production.  Sure wish they would ramp it up and get back to making product.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I had the Cookie Dough and it was amazing.  They sell Cookie Dough spread in a jar, that's what's in their incredible ice cream base.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've been ice cream free ever since Blue Bell quit production.  Sure wish they would ramp it up and get back to making product.

You can keep the Blue Bell. 

"In May, the Houston Chronicle reported that Blue Bell found 'strong evidence' of listeria in one of its Oklahoma factories in 2013, but failed to correct the issue. The Houston Press detailed the company’s 'plant environmental testing plan' through a private lab. Although factory swabs were routinely tested for pathogens, Blue Bell only looked at areas that didn’t have contact with ice cream. "

http://www.texasmonthly.com/daily-post/blue-bell-backish-maybe-we-should-remember-why-it-went-away-f...

I'll stick with Ben and Jerry, who have yet to kill anyone.

Respected Contributor

TJ's pumpkin ice cream in the fall is delicious, if you like pumpkiny foods.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

You can keep the Blue Bell. 

"In May, the Houston Chronicle reported that Blue Bell found 'strong evidence' of listeria in one of its Oklahoma factories in 2013, but failed to correct the issue. The Houston Press detailed the company’s 'plant environmental testing plan' through a private lab. Although factory swabs were routinely tested for pathogens, Blue Bell only looked at areas that didn’t have contact with ice cream. "

http://www.texasmonthly.com/daily-post/blue-bell-backish-maybe-we-should-remember-why-it-went-away-f...

I'll stick with Ben and Jerry, who have yet to kill anyone.

Do you live in the Houston area Chynna?  I was wondering where The Houston Press came from? It was the predecessor of The Houston Post, which went out of business some time ago.  I worked there once.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I'm like tansy-- stuck on Coffee Blast.  It is DA BEST coffee ice cream ever!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

I had the Cookie Dough and it was amazing.  They sell Cookie Dough spread in a jar, that's what's in their incredible ice cream base.

Thanks for the head's up Noel.  I see this all the time and I was wondering if it is as good as I think it would be . . . Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Sure have! Mint & Chip is one of the BEST at Trader Joe's. Huge amount of chocolate nestled in just the right amount of YUMMY mint ice cream. 

We are Ice Cream fanatics, and other than Haagen Dazs, the only other store bought ice cream worth it's weight in gold are ALL of Trader Joe's ice creams.