Valued Contributor

Re: August 2018 What's Cooking ??

I made Shepherds Pie yesterday. 

Respected Contributor

waking dream . sounds yummy but havnt had it in a while . maria doesnt like to use oven in summer.  today she made breshetta pasta. sauce was chopped up garden tomatoes garlic salt pepper chicken cubed up all mixed up with pasta and grated cheese. came out really good.after 4 days of rain and some rain this morning its sunny hot and humid .maria said she would was dishes . i told her you cooked so i will wash dishes. still havnt hurd when guy is coming back to fix dishwasher. hope everyone has a great day and great food.

Respected Contributor

Shepherd's Pie? Have not had that in years. I do not like to use the oven in the summer but did night before last - big pizza. LOL.

Last night Ricky had two cans of green beans - his favorite food and a few noodles. Leah had a ton of those noodles - both have slowed down on milk and I do not like that but MDs today say less milk is best. And neither likes the low fat stuff but that is all they are allowed. They will drink the 2 per cent but their MD says NO, it is 1 or 0. Geesh.

Days getting so short quickly. Yesterday was another real hot and sticky one. Today? Probably the same.

Have a great day everyone - have no clue what is for dinner.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Shepherd's Pie? Have not had that in years. I do not like to use the oven in the summer but did night before last - big pizza. LOL.

Last night Ricky had two cans of green beans - his favorite food and a few noodles. Leah had a ton of those noodles - both have slowed down on milk and I do not like that but MDs today say less milk is best. And neither likes the low fat stuff but that is all they are allowed. They will drink the 2 per cent but their MD says NO, it is 1 or 0. Geesh.

Days getting so short quickly. Yesterday was another real hot and sticky one. Today? Probably the same.

Have a great day everyone - have no clue what is for dinner.

@Winifred  When DD became a certain age, I began giving her nonfat or 1% milk, and doctor said to give her whole milk, she needs the fat.  I didn't give her whole milk, she got enough fat as most meat,fish, poultry has fat, not to mention some goodies.  She still loves milk, but only nonfat, as DH and I do, use it only in my mugs of tea every day.

Honored Contributor

Sunny and windy today, more like Fall weather after a week or so of Indian Summer, with the freshest air, only happens for a short time each year.

I made my Ceasar salad last night with my home made croutons, and sauted prawns lightly to add to the salad, the best salad.  Of course, while I am prepping, I am nibbling on anchovies and garlic with croutons, lol, love that snack.  My pups love the croutons also.  

Tonight, I have a lot of zucchini and fresh corn on the cob to use so will cut the corn off the cobb, and add it to the sauteed zucchini and garlic before tossing it with rigotoni or some other tube pasta I have in my stash. 

It's garbage night, and I have a finale show to watch which begins at 8:00, so will have the pasta ready for DH to gobble before he takes the trash out, a good hour, cutting up cardboard, etc.

Respected Contributor

Had another one of Aldi's super pizza's last night - this time it was their Supreme and tha is my favorite. sure is good, easy to bake and cheap - what a combo. Tonight? Do not have a clue.

Hope all are well and staying cool. Have a great day!!!

Honored Contributor

Homemade pizza just went in the oven to bake. 

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone. still hot and humid down here in new england but tonight and all tomorrow showers and thunder storms with cold front coming in finally and pushing all this hot humid air away being replaced with no humidity and a couple days in the 70s and then low 80s. winifred i wish i could send you some of our cooler weather and im so looking forward to cool crisp fall air.so got a phone call from repair man yestauday that  parts are in and there coming to fix our dishwasher next tuesday.so its allmost 2 weeks ago that it broke. last couple days we had leftovers and tonight we ordered pepperoni pizza french frys and mozzarella sticks.hope everyone has a great weekend.

Respected Contributor

Heat and humidity came back today with a vengeance - just horrible. Barely was able to hang out some clothes - only one load - but not as easy as it use to be. Not real sure what I will do for dinner - it is dinner time already - LOL - so will probably toss some packaged veggies in the WOK - we all love them - even the little ones. Easy to fix and yummy.

Stay cool one and all!!!

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone. right now were having tarential downpours and thunder and lightning. i love a good thunderstorm but maria and our dog coco hate it. when maria was a kid this house got struck by lightning witch is why shes afraid of it, we ate downstairs and anna made pasta and beans ,pork and pickled home made peppers, potatoes and green peppers cooked togather, swiss chard pies and broccoli pies, and itaian string beans. and she allways puts cheese on table. provolone and regiano parm cheese. all was very good. maria made banana forster bread pudding in the air fryer and that was super good.  this year ad i spotted it this mornibg a gopher outside so now we know whats been eating our broccoli plants swiss chard plants and  some ripe large tomatoes. hope everyone has a great day.