Valued Contributor

Could you share what you like to do with apricot jam, any ideas are appreciated. Thank you

Honored Contributor

Funny, I was thinking about apricot jam yesterday.

Anyway, this is probably about as boring as it gets but my favorite toast is rye toast with apricot jam.    I haven't had it for years, as I have some problems with bread and my esophagus, but I have been thinking about that lately.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I us 1/2 apricot jam and 1/2 stone ground mustard to glaze a pork loin.  It is excellent.

Valued Contributor

Yum that sounds really good, the mustard with the jam Terrywu, thank you so much I will definitely try that on a pork tenderloin. I can't wait now.

sorry chickenbutt I'm not a big fan of toast, hope your esophagus stops acting up and causes you no harm.

Respected Contributor

This might sound a little odd but I love it on waffles, french toast and pancakes with peanut butter. Of course on a thick slice of homemade bread out of the oven with real butter is pretty tasty also!

Valued Contributor

No not odd at all, sounds good to me, the waffles and french toast and the fresh bread however I'd have to skip the peanut butter part. (blah) I'll keep this in mind, I have a bread machine and only use it for pizza dough and cinnamon roll dough, I have yet to make bread of any kind. Thanks for the idea! 

Respected Contributor

I used to make 'Golfer's Chicken'.  Put chicken thighs and or drumsticks in a pan; combine small jar of apricot jam, bottle of Russian dressing, and pkg. of dry onion soup mix; spread over chicken and bake in 250  oven for 4 hours.  Go play a round of golf and when you come back dinner is almost ready.  I served it with rice.

Or you can put it in the slow cooker for 8 hours or 1 hour in a 350 oven.  

Honored Contributor

I love apricot jam.

I slap it on 3 pieces of bread (Wonder) & luxuriate on eating a 3 tier apricot jam sammach!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

buttered toast

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

buttered toast

Yeah, that too!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif