Trusted Contributor

Anyone use Home Fresh or Every Plates?

I ordered a meal plan for 4 meals from Every Plates, a subdivision of Home Fresh. When it came, there were cold liquid bags surrounding the meats and the recipe cards were wet and stuck together. They emailed me the recipes, but I am beginning to think the bags should not have been defrosted and I should throw out the meat. Of course, I have to wait till Monday to ask. When I have received food from QVC they use dry ice and I trust their freshness. Do you think this meat is edible and safe to eat?

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone use Home Fresh or Every Plates?

I’m always extra cautious so I wouldn’t eat it.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geegerbee  If the meat wasn't super cold, I wouldn't trust it.  It sounds like the cold packs melted along the way.

Better to not eat the meat, then to risk getting sick. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

This is a little off topic but something I do when an item arrives damaged or in a questionable state is to take a picture immediately. I’m sure this company will not question you but in other instances I’ve found it helpful.

Trusted Contributor

Never thought about taking a picture. Would have been a good thing to do. I'll keep that in mind in case something like this happens again. I already cancelled further shipments of this brand, however.

Honored Contributor

I'd go to a Fresh Market or Publix if you have them.