Respected Contributor

Anyone that needs parts for a Cooks Essentials Perfect Cooker 5 cup Model

[ Edited ]

RE: K44485 Cook's Essentials 5-Cup
Digital Perfect Cooker. QVC replies with this email.

I understand that you need a gasket for it at this time, I am including the contact information directly for the manufacturer for this model. They may be able to assist you with a new gasket for it.

Cheer Master Trading Ltd. 866-533-1184

This is in the manual that comes with the Cooker.

The Company did just that and was excellent!! All I paid for was the shipping. I got two kits and it was the same amount of only $5.98 total which was only one shipping charge and not two. I have had my Cooks Essentials Perfect Cooker for a year and use it all the time. I was very pleased to find the replacement as my gasket is loose and hard to keep on. 

I was frustrated as QVC doesn’t sell them anymore. I have given many for gifts.

Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone that needs parts for a Cooks Essentials Perfect Cooker 5 cup Model

Has anyone had a problem with water dripping out of the bottom of their Perfect Cooker after using it??? I have had this problem and have stopped using the cooker.  And I really liked using it before this happened.  Suggestions????

Respected Contributor

I had that once but never did again. I believe it was because I had too much water in it with the rice. There is a little vent hole in the top and it came out and went down the back and pooled under it. I believe it really wasn’t a leak underneath it. Try it again and see if it does it again. Turn it over first and look for a crack in the bottom and make sure to lock both sides of the top.

i love mine and use it at least once a week. I love the rice in it and it has never burned. If I use 2 cups of raw rice I always rinse it first. You will be amazed how much better it tastes. I read this in a rice cooker book I bought online. I use 1 1/2 cup water with 1 cup of rice.

Hope these hints help.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions.  However, I think there is something wrong with the cooker, as water comes out from under the cooker when I shake it (after I have emptied and cleaned it of course). And it is quite a bit, not just a few drops.  It gets the kitchen counter wet and ends up in a small puddle of water by the time the food is done.   I will have to try it with something that is not cooked with a lot of water and see if that changes things.  I really like this little cooker and would hate to have to toss it.