Honored Contributor

Le Creuset color question

[ Edited ]

Does anyone have anything in either the oyster or truffle color?  I'm interested in getting some espresso mugs and I would like to try to get a color that has shades of both brown and grey in it.

To me the oyster looks very grey (but the name implies a touch of beige, I think), and the truffle looks very brown (but the name implies a touch of grey.)  Anyone have either?

TIA.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Le Creuset color question

One of my 1qt cast iron LC pots is the oyster.    I'd say it's pretty much straight up shades of grey.  I don't see any brown in there, which works for me as I don't care for brown.    It's quite lovely unless you really don't like grey.

HTH  Smiley Happy

Contributor

I agree with chickenbutt. I have several items in oyster and it's definitely shades of grey. I do think the truffle and oyster colors would work together though.
Honored Contributor

I just checked the oyster color out of curiosity and it looks gray. I wanted to check out truffle if someone has an item number. Oyster is a very pretty color.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

faeriemoon wrote:

OKPrincess

http://www.qvc.com/Le-Creuset-2-qt-Coffee-Storage-Jar.product.K301028.html?sc=SRCH

Now, why did you go and do that?   I've never seen that container before but now I want it in red.  I don't do coffee, but that doesn't matter.  *sigh*

Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Might long pasta fit in it?

@chickenbutt

Honored Contributor

Thats what I thought too.

@OKPrincess

Valued Contributor

I have the Le Creuset mug in truffle. The colors on the mugs are gradient...from darker to light. The bottom part is a deep milk chocolate, shading into a deep taupe. The handle is the lighter color, but does have a very slight grayish tint to it. It is definitely a brown color  overall, instead of a gray. It's very attractive. The mugs have a beige color inside.