Valued Contributor

Has anyone ordered the Vintage Estates wine/or any other wine from the Q?.....Review please?

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone order wine?

[ Edited ]

I am not a wine connosseiur by any stretch of the imagination.  I can't tell you a thing about bouquet or notes, and I don't listen to rules about drinking red with beef and white with chicken.  I bought the mixed assortment of the Vintage Estates a couple of years ago.  It tasted like vinegar to me.  I'll stick with what I like from the supermarket.  

Honored Contributor

I like wine, but I'm no expert. I ask the guy at my local liquor store, he never steers me wrong.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

Two Christmases ago I ordered the case of 12 mixed wines with the Christmas labels and sent them to my daughter.  Out of the twelve bottles, only two I wasn' fond of, the rest were very good.  My daughter liked the bottles I didn't, she likes red wines. I am more of a sweet wine person and she drinks both sweet and dry as does her hubby. This year I ordered another case to send her for Christmas and I have no doubt of their quality.  Just mine and my famalie's opinions.  

Esteemed Contributor

You are way better off visiting your local liquor store.   They usually will give a 15% discount on a case and you can mix and match.  Nice thing is they will help you if you need it.   I know a bit about wine and I wouldn't  buy the wine on the Q, it's definately cheap wine.

Honored Contributor

@Fiero Woman wrote:

Two Christmases ago I ordered the case of 12 mixed wines with the Christmas labels and sent them to my daughter.  Out of the twelve bottles, only two I wasn' fond of, the rest were very good.  My daughter liked the bottles I didn't, she likes red wines. I am more of a sweet wine person and she drinks both sweet and dry as does her hubby. This year I ordered another case to send her for Christmas and I have no doubt of their quality.  Just mine and my famalie's opinions.  

@Fiero Woman, When we have a bottle of wine we don't care for, we melt some butter in a skillet, add about a cup of wine, a med. onion cut into slices, and sliced fresh mushrooms; salt and pepper, cover and steam.  Great with any meat and on baked potatoes!

Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone for all your reviews/suggestions...I like both red and white and am still thinking about giving the holiday mixed set a try.. ..

If I don't like them, I will probably use them for cooking..

Even if they are a cheaper wine...you can't beat the price per bottle with free shipping right to your door..

Thanks again and have a great day!

Esteemed Contributor

@ptagirl

My bad experience has been with shipping. It always takes so long to ship to me that I always need CS to help.....

I belong to 2 wine clubs and never have a problem with delivery,only when I order from the Q I have troubles.

You need to be home to sign for wine delivery ,so when I have to stay home for 2 weeks at a time waiting for a delivery ,it becomes a huge problem!

BTW the wine is just a cheap wine,not  great!

I will never order wine again frmo, QVC

Respected Contributor

I've ordered wine several times and have always been happy.  I ordered Kevin O'Leary's wine twice and the California wines (not sure if they were Vintage Estates back then) two or three times. 

I'm not a super-sophisticated wine drinker, so I like just about everything.  If you tend to be picky and only like certain types of wine, I would avoid buying cases of different varieties, as you most certainly will be disappointed in a few bottles.  Stick to your local liquor store where you can get a personal recommendation.  

That being said, I love having the wine delivered right to my home and enjoy sampling many different varieties.  For the adventurous wine drinker, it's the way to go.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James