Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone Tried The Rastelli Filet Mignon?

I purchased the Raselli burgers at Lidl, less than $5.00 per pound!  They were ok, nothing special, especially vs the price on line.  I will have to watch for other items there.

Respected Contributor

I have had the following Rastelli's beef purchases from QVC:

1. Wagyu/Kobe-Style Smash Burgers.....Love these!

2. Coulotte Top Sirloin Steaks..................Love these!

3. Ribeye Steaks.......................................Love these too!

They always send plenty of their seasoning which makes preparation easy and perfect.

They have always arrived with plenty of dry ice remaining.

I already cancelled one of my ribeye AD orders to make room for the new TSV, the filet mignon selection. These will be handy to fill in at Christmas time when we are tired of all of the tradition food/leftovers.

Since I am sceptical of indoor dining at my favorite steak house lately, these will fill in quite nicely (+ perhaps a nice bottle of red).

Years ago, I was on an AD plan for Kansas City filet mignon steaks. Lately, Rastelli's seems to have more air time and TSV's than Kansas City Steak Company.

Valued Contributor

Posted earlier I had purchased Rastelli's burgers at Lidl.  I was just there and they have Rastelli boneless prime rib for $8.99 pound.  I was tempted but didn't purchase.

Honored Contributor

The Rastelli steaks I purchased (sirloin, I think) were not very good and I would not order them again.  JMO

Honored Contributor

I can get Filet at the local meat market for less money.

We just made one on the grill weekend before last. It was yummy. It was tender like it should be with no fat.

Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx Our supermarket has tenderloins on sale for $22.00 per pound.  We had them in the past and they were just outstanding.  We get them on occasion and feast.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For online orders only, Costco is offering four Rastelli prime filets and four wild-caught Maine lobster tails for $139.99, shipping included.

The item has many good recent reviews but enough bad ones to nix my desire to try it out.

Food sometimes arrived  too defrosted or a steak would be entirely outside of its shrink wrap.  Also,  lobster tails sometimes so small that one reviewer said they looked like tiny "crawfish" with only about one bite of meat per tail.

Too much aggravation would be involved for me if I had to plead for a refund or return on an unsatisfactory item.