Honored Contributor

finally got my shears. Geez, these are really big , not like my first set.

It's the set of 2.  

K45657       these are big enough to cut fencing wire. I just wanted to cut chicken wing tips. LOL

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

finally got my shears. Geez, these are really big , not like my first set.

It's the set of 2.  

K45657       these are big enough to cut fencing wire. I just wanted to cut chicken wing tips. LOL

Good to know.  Glad I didn't order.  (I do have previous sets which I use a lot.)

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE - I love my Kuhn Rikon shears, but when I saw the new design, my first step was to contact Mark-Charles Misilli to ask if that new style would be what we could expect going forward. As soon as he confirmed that, I quickly went to the listing for the "older" shears and bought a few sets during a free shipping event. The new version seems to be a bit awkward (though I admit to not having actually tested them), so I'm sticking with the style I know works well! Great for me and for gifts...

Respected Contributor

I bought the pack of 4 shears 2 years ago.  I have really been disappointed in them.  I don't cut wire or anything stronger than trimming flowers.  Two of them are so dull that I don't think they would cut hot butter.  I got out one the other day to trim my dog's behind and the shears would not cut her hair.  I don't know what the deal is but they've become useless after just a short time.

Esteemed Contributor

I seem to be drawn to them every year........and don't ask me why.

One older pair did get rusty spending a few winters on back porch - mis-treated another so blades don't glide as it should.

This new set - yeah - rather large and don't like the new plastic lock-em-together hook..  Prior ones had the lever so you squeezed together to open & flip lever down to close.  So much better than this new plastic flipper.

(so there Mark Charles ! )

I'm set - have more shears now than places to put them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Scooby Doo - Have you been opening and closing them regularly without cutting anything? That's how you get the auto-sharpening to work on the blades. I have sets that are several years old and still as sharp as when I first bought them, even after doing some fairly heavy-duty tasks like pruning...

Respected Contributor

@SharkE 

Big but don't open wide enough, I don't really like my pairs. 

Honored Contributor

True, after I watched the video which I should had done in first place, but, didn't, I didn't know it had a bottle opener on it and that one side is used solely for cutting cardboard.

I hate those clam shell hard plastics . Batteries come in them, cosmetics, etc. This should work on them good enough.

1#turkey.gif

Honored Contributor

I have tons of different sets, long, short, medium sized of these. @SharkE  Some are even longer/bigger than this most recent set of 4 they've been selling. I'm assuming these are the ones you're talking about.

Once long ago they sold some that are really small, short blades only about an inch long. Love these, wish they'd bring these back. I do have a set that are very long. DH uses this one to trim our dog's fur. Some sets have little tools on board too, the pr we are currently using in the kitchen have a very sharp blade and two screw drivers attached. 

Honored Contributor

No, didn't need 4 .  I got K45657  set of 2. dummy , me, just thought they were all the same size.   Main job for mine is cutting off chicken wing tips LOL