Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Still Use Sugar Cubes?

You've recievd Lots of good ideas.  I would use sugar cubes just for the neatness of them.  tongs add an air of proper tea.  One lump or two?  No spilled sugar on the counter.  Plus,  cubes are allready "hard."  Granular sugar can Clump if left out in a sugar bowl.  It's still good though.  Granular Sugar lasts Forever. 

Valued Contributor

I love sugar cubes! I don't bake much anymore so they're cleaner than an open bag of sugar. I also buy the small bags of sugar similar to restaurant bags. I put them in my Temptations basketweave sugar bowl and set it next to my coffee maker. Yes, I have a "coffee corner".

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I was young, I thought it was quite fancy to use sugar cubes.  I no longer use sugar at all, I use alternative sweeteners in various forms.  I recently saw monk fruit cubes on Amazon. Neat idea, but not something I'll likely ever purchase.

Honored Contributor

yes, i buy and we still use sugar cubes and rock candy.....all different styles!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Perfect size for cocktails.