Honored Contributor

Soda stream machine? My sister who is by herself now is thinking about getting one. Think they would be a lot of trouble, myself, what with the cartridges, etc.

Honored Contributor

We have one.  In the garage.  At least I think it's still there.  

Is that helpful?  

Honored Contributor

My sister bought one for her teens.  She's tried sodas and lemonade.  Kids won't drink it.  It's collecting dust.

Trusted Contributor

I have one and use it all the time because I drink a lot of sparkling water/seltzer.  I've never used it to make flavored drinks.

Honored Contributor

Yes, we have one. We've had it for probably 5-6 years. I can't remember the last time I used it though, because I quit drinking soda. I should make some up for sparkling water with a squeeze of lemon or lime in it, because I'm tired of living on plain water, unsweet iced tea and the occasional glass of milk. One thing I do like about it is no water retention because no added salt. I always retained water when drinking commercial sparkling water products. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

I got one for my husband 3 years ago. He said it's the best gift he ever received. He used to drink soda all the time. With this machine he just adds a little lemon juice to his water. He uses it daily and has even lost weight from cutting out all the unhealthy soda.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for all the replies. Certainly different tastes !

LOL

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Seems like one person would have to drink a lot of soda to justify the trouble and expense of this machine.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I can't even imagine drinking enough soft drinks to feel the need to make them.   But I remember when this item was all there rage here (like that air-frying somethingorother thing is now) and people seemed to like it.

I don't recall seeing complaints about it, anyway, except that it was one of those things that some people thought they would want and it ended up in the 'pile' in short order.   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
Sooner made the point. Some of this stuff sounds like such a good idea, but because of multiple parts, etc., it ends up in the Gadget Grave.