Esteemed Contributor

Any Bread Pudding Fans Here?

My late husband loved bread pudding, whereas I, well, it was just ok.

I had a good 1/2 loaf of Italian bread that was going to go to waste if I didn't use it up.  I decided to make bread pudding (no idea why given my so so feeling about it) with vanilla sauce. The recipe came from Allrecipes.

Holy Toledo, it was good.  I think the sauce made it, it's good straight from a spoon.

Personally I would have added the raisins like the recipe had but DD hates them, so did her Dad.

Any other bread pudding fans?

Honored Contributor

Re: Any Bread Pudding Fans Here?

Bread pudding is one of my favorite desserts.  I like it with a sauce made with Amaretto.  Used to eat at a restaurant that had a wonderful bread pudding on the salad bar.  I used to go just for the bread pudding....all I wanted.  So good.  I like it with raisins.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

My mother made it and as a child/adult I and the family loved it.  I have not yet tried to make some of dishes but hopefully one day.

Honored Contributor

As old as I am I've never had bread pudding. Maybe I'll give it a try.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

I LOVE bread pudding!  I've used brioche bread before and it really comes out good.  mmmm... now I have a craving for a warm bowl of bread pudding!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to make bread pudding when my DH was alive.  I am not inclined to make it just for me.  You can add anything to it--chocolate chips,nuts, sliced banana,  chopped apple, etc.  Add cinnamon and vanilla or other extract.

Good way to use up bread.  Even whole wheat sliced bread works.  Use crust and all.

Esteemed Contributor

I like it if someone else makes it. My dh and two boys won't eat it ... at least they won't eat my bread pudding. LOL. It was on the "we never need to have this again" list. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

Bread pudding is a family favorite for brunches on holidays! I've been making it for decades. Each generation loves it. Heart 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Bread pudding is one of my favorite treats.  Many years ago when visiting Penn. I ate at a family style restaurant.  That place had the best bread pudding.   Recently the local bakery had bread pudding and it too was delicious!!  I don't have it often but when I do I enjoy every bit!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love bread pudding!  I usually make it with brioche or panettone.  If I make it with panettone I also make an amaretto sauce to go with it.

I have also made it with cinnamon bread and topped it with a drizzle of maple syrup.

Adding: After Christmas I use the leftover eggnog (I don't even know why I buy it since it's ALWAYS leftover) for my bread pudding.