Valued Contributor

Re: All day kitchen event

[ Edited ]

I have a few items I bought recently, so it would have to be special for me to purchase. When I do see things, I read the reviews and wow, some are so bad, I figure I'll save some money and not buy that item. I love Temptationsbut can't afford anything right now. I was interested in Lock and Lock but not with the bad reviews. I'll stick with dollar store storage ware. Guess I'll wait for some new intro things to see what my next "must buy" might be.

Respected Contributor

Works for me, love the kitchen shows, especially ITKWMary, better than ITKWDavid.....Mary has more class than David....

Respected Contributor

@CLEM, What is a Sous Vide water oven, never heard of one, and never saw one. ??

Respected Contributor

Clem, I just looked one up on The Q. Thank-you for in-lighting me on the product. Just look it up on I-Q.V.C.

Respected Contributor

novamc, I feel the same about space. But if you can afford it and it wll be used, you'll find a spot.

Respected Contributor

software, I've had my eye on a infomercial for a Air-fryer oven, it has a rotisserie, my husband inquired when I showed him if I needed for Christmas But I am afraid of the rotisserie function, I think I will just buy one at Boston Market all ready cooked. Only so much room for appliances.

Respected Contributor

Renata, I really enjoy using my Power XL Air-fryer 5.3 QT. I use it everyday and just about everything can be cooked in it and easy clean up.Purchased at Kohl last February works like a charm, no baby sitting it and stay really warm even if I don't get my food out of it right away. And not bulky.It slid right into my life very easilly

Respected Contributor

@BeccaLou  I was hoping that QVC would have their sous vide stick on air yesterday because I saw Meredith using it during the Christmas shows.  She said that this method of cooking is here to stay.  I have used a stick as well as a water oven in the past but returned both for various reasons.  But the food came out wonderful.  Will now  probably buy one on Amazon dot com.  They have many different brands and lots of reviews.

Trusted Contributor

Re: All day kitchen event

[ Edited ]

Curtis Stone has a sous vide stick on HSN. He was on last weekend and was selling it, so you might check there or at least see if the product video is up so you can watch it. I am not sure if it sold out or not. I love using it. I should be usingit more, but when I do, the food is great!

I generally LOVE all day cooking events, but this time I was really getting tired of Melissa taking the same food in and out of the ovens. They used the same things every time she did a demo (which was often). I wish they had shown something else once in a while.

Respected Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ  I have had the Curtis Stone stick and it was fine, but I just don't like using the stick.  Tried one of the ovens and like it much better, but the non-stick of the brand I had was not very good.