Honored Contributor

is a real snooze fest to me.

I have loved cooking events (and shows in general) in the past, but they have over time, become extremely lackluster to me. 

I'm sure part of it is that I don't really need or want a single kitchen thing, but honestly, it seems like it is the same few things presented over and over, and way too much food. 

Cooking events used to have a lot of new and interesting things, but I can't get excited about anything yet today.

Respected Contributor

It's fine with me.  Better than the alternative which is football.  I doubt I will buy anything, but I am in the market for a couple of items and perhaps they will surprise me.  I need a new pressure cooker and want to buy the Sous Vide water oven the latter will probably not even be shown.

Esteemed Contributor

It's okay for me, although I don't watch; just check online in case there is something I'd like.  At least there is something interesting to check.

I'd rather have that than computers, vacuums, mattresses, beauty, my pillow....you get the idea...........

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio

I'm attracted to the TSV Oster countertop oven because of its larger size and a few other reasons.

Brought a very nice but small Cuisinart toaster/convection oven when we moved,  that I barely used at our previous home. Had no reason not to like using the double wall ovens I had at that time.

Now I have a huge GE Profile  wall oven that takes forever to preheat, runs a cool-down fan for what seems like forever when the cooking is done, and heats up the entire open-floor-plan of our new home when it's operating.

When summer comes, I won't like that GE wall  oven at all!

I pulled my little Cuisinart out of its box this morning  and realized it's way too small to be a useful substitute.  So I'd like to try the Oster double-door TSV from QVC, even though it will take up a LOT of limited counter space.

Anyone else have opinions on this appliance?

Honored Contributor

I don't know  what I'd do without QVC's kitchen stuff. People around me that don't watch like I do don't even know there's a whole new world of stuff . If they don't see it at the local stores they don't know it exists.

They go "where did U get this /that".  "I didn't know that was available".

All depends on if you cook very much. If your interests rests in that direction.

I never cared about working had a husband to worry about that. So, I found

my enthusiasm elsewhere 

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@Mominohio

I'm attracted to the TSV Oster countertop oven because of its larger size and a few other reasons.

Brought a very nice but small Cuisinart toaster/convection oven when we moved,  that I barely used at our previous home. Had no reason not to like using the double wall ovens I had at that time.

Now I have a huge GE Profile  wall oven that takes forever to preheat, runs a cool-down fan for what seems like forever when the cooking is done, and heats up the entire open-floor-plan of our new home when it's operating.

When summer comes, I won't like that GE wall  oven at all!

I pulled my little Cuisinart out of its box this morning  and realized it's way too small to be a useful substitute.  So I'd like to try the Oster double-door TSV from QVC, even though it will take up a LOT of limited counter space.

Anyone else have opinions on this appliance?

I like the double side opening doors on this. 

I've never had a countertop oven and the only thing I would ever use it for would be if my oven broke in my range. I don't have the counter space to donate to a countertop oven of any size for daily use. 

I know that if it didn't hold full  size dishes, like a 9x13, a countertop oven of any kind wouldn't appeal to me, and it seems this one has great capacity. 

It's mostly about space for me, as to why I've never had one. 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I don't know  what I'd do without QVC's kitchen stuff. People around me that don't watch like I do don't even know there's a whole new world of stuff . If they don't see it at the local stores they don't know it exists.

They go "where did U get this /that".  "I didn't know that was available".

All depends on if you cook very much. If your interests rests in that direction.

I never cared about working had a husband to worry about that. So, I found

my enthusiasm elsewhere 

@SharkE

I agree about so many great purchases for the kitchen from Q, as I have a huge amount of kitchen things from Q, still using and loving them.....but most of that was in the past. 

I'm just not seeing new and innovative and wide variety like they once had. Many of the things they are featuring today are the staples that are on continually and have been on the various cooking shows for the last couple of weeks nonstop.

These events used to bring a lot of 'new' items and lots of variety on the day. 

I still enjoy having on in the background, but I'm just not impressed so far on the day, with the offerings.

Valued Contributor

I like the TSV but I have no room for it.  I would use it the most in the summer, I think. It's an easy pass for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a different brand countertop oven and I just love it. Better than heating the whole house up in the summer.

I also cooks side dishes in it for the Holidays....

It does take up a bit of space on the countertop....

Respected Contributor

Re: All day kitchen event

[ Edited ]

@novamc1 You will love a countertop oven so much more than a big oven.  I actually got rid of my oven about 2 years ago and gained cabinet space and now only use a countertop toaster oven and induction burners.  So much easier and less hot in the kitchen.  Good luck.