Valued Contributor

I bought a frozen Mexican Pizza today,has anyone tried one?  I also bought last week and again today the boxed Au gratin Potates, very good.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Honored Contributor

@chicagoan wrote:

I bought a frozen Mexican Pizza today,has anyone tried one?  I also bought last week and again today the boxed Au gratin Potates, very good.

@Chicagoan I was eyeing up that pizza but since it's just me I opted for the quesadillas and fajitas.  I have never had a bad pizza from Aldi's so I very much hope you enjoy yours and if you wouldn't mind please let us know what you think in case they have a few left over after the sale period . . . Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: Aldi's Revisited :-)

[ Edited ]

@mtc I will post after I try it.  I love that Garlic Cheese Flatbread so much that I am sooo sorry that I only bought 10 of them when it was available, I wish I would have bought 20 of them for the garage freezer.  Everyone I make one for just loves them and the house just smells so delicious!  That was the Specially Select brand, the Mexican one is Mama Cozzi, I have never tried that brand, I wonder if they are made from the same factory.

I would love to hear what you think of the Fajitas  and Quesadillas also.  Mexican food is my favorite food group... lol

Honored Contributor

@chicagoan wrote:

@mtc I will post after I try it.  I love that Garlic Cheese Flatbread so much that I am sooo sorry that I only bought 10 of them when it was available, I wish I would have bought 20 of them for the garage freezer.  Everyone I make one for just loves them and the house just smells so delicious!  That was the Specially Select brand, the Mexican one is Mama Cozzi, I have never tried that brand, I wonder if they are made from the same factory.

I would love to hear what you think of the Fajitas  and Quesadillas also.  Mexican food is my favorite food group... lol

Oh @Chicagoan I have tried both the carnitas and the chicken quesadillas and I love them.  I defrost one overnight and then gently brown it in a skillet with a little butter . . . very good!  I'll post about the fajitas when I get around to trying them too.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@chicagoan wrote:

Oh @Chicagoan I have tried both the carnitas and the chicken quesadillas and I love them.  I defrost one overnight and then gently brown it in a skillet with a little butter . . . very good!  I'll post about the fajitas when I get around to trying them too.

@Chicagoan I just made the fajitas and they are delicious!  I also made the spanish rice packet which was another winner, I wish I had picked up more . . . Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@momtochloe thank you for the update of the Carnitas and quesdillas.  My package of Carnitas is still in the freezer and I probably won't be making them until my family comes over for dinner, I should have froze it in small packages for single serving, since it is only me.  I am getting ready to go in a couple of weeks for my 4th knee replacement (so dreading this), so I am sure it is going to be a long while before I will be cooking again!  I will have to make a junk food stop at Aldi's to take with to the hospital and rehab... lol

Honored Contributor

@chicagoan wrote:

@momtochloe thank you for the update of the Carnitas and quesdillas.  My package of Carnitas is still in the freezer and I probably won't be making them until my family comes over for dinner, I should have froze it in small packages for single serving, since it is only me.  I am getting ready to go in a couple of weeks for my 4th knee replacement (so dreading this), so I am sure it is going to be a long while before I will be cooking again!  I will have to make a junk food stop at Aldi's to take with to the hospital and rehab... lol

Oh goodness @Chicagoan I am so sorry to hear you have to have another knee replacement!  Good thoughts and prayers that this one is successful and hopefully your last one . . . Heart

Trusted Contributor

Re: Aldi's Revisited :-)

[ Edited ]

@chicagoan wrote:

Hi @Chicagoan,

Sorry I just saw your post now.

We've had their Mexican pizza. It's really good.

Like @momtochloe, we've never had a bad pizza from Aldi's.

We like their Mama Cozzi (sp?) brand pizzas.

We've tried some of their regular choices in the pizzas, that they always keep in stock: the Supreme, the Meat Lovers, the Cheese, and the Sausage. They're all very good. My husband likes the Supreme, that has green peppers and sausage on it, and I love just regular sausage, so that's my personal favorite. 

I especially like them because I don't think that their pizza sauce is too spicy.

I don't care for a pizza when the sauce is a little too zesty for me, and then I can't seem to enjoy the toppings and the other flavors of the pizza. 

To me, their sauce is "just right," and is not too spicy. Smiley Happy

I really enjoy it when Aldi's also has their ethnic food specials, like when they feature their different foods from different countries, like their Mexican specials, Italian specials, and German specials. Yummy!! Smiley Happy

I also like their boxed dried potatoes, too. Their instant mashed potatoes are good. They use Idaho potatoes. I like the boxed Au Gratin potatoes. 

We buy the dried flavored chicken and rice too that comes in a packet.

I make it in the microwave for us. It makes several servings for us. It comes in a couple of different flavor choices.

Off of the top of my head, it comes in chicken flavor, and broccoli and cheese flavor, too. Those are both good.

To make it in the microwave, you just put it in a microwave-safe container, and then add water and some butter/margarine or spread.

We also get their large pails of ice cream.

The flavor choices are rather limited, but if you're just looking for more of the plain and usual flavor choices like vanilla or chocolate or neopolitan, then these can be a good choice/value for you and your family and we think that they are a good buy for a large container. It's good along with  some of their bottled chocolate sundae topping. 

Valued Contributor

@momtochloe Thank you, I hope this is the last knee replacement also, very tired of this!

Valued Contributor

@Toppers3  Thank you for taking the time and your great detailed review of the pizza and other food that you find is really good, I really appreciate it!  I get into Aldi's and never know what is good and what tastes like a bad knock off.  I do love Aldi's and it is my 1st stop when grocery shopping!