Contributor

I read this forum frequently and especially the Aldi thread. I like Aldi a lot and have found some really good food there, although not everything has been what I consider good quality.

I need to buy a bunch of spices to make a rub for some pork shoulder. I'm wondering do any of you have experience with their spices? Any info you have will be helpful!

TIA

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

We buy some spices at Aldi. Onion and garlic powders are good, as are parsely, basil, and oregano. Actually, looking in the spice cabinet the only name brand spice we have is taco seasoning. Good luck Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Re: Aldi Spices - Question

[ Edited ]

I am a faithful Aldi's shopper(for yrs & yrs). I've never had any trouble w/any of their spices. I wish we had more of a selection but besides that, thats the only complaint I have. Spices are a luxury in our home, so I mostly buy all my spices from Aldi.

Contributor

Thanks ladies! I will try them. I know there is ahuge price difference!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know my Aldi's sells spices but they're all very common familiar ones so I rarely if ever buy their's.  If you're making a rub and your Aldi's has what you want to use, buy them.  I'm sure they're fine and the prices are more than likely better that bigger chain stores.

I use a lot of Mrs. Dash combos, love and use almost everyone.  They have no sodium & no MSG.

I have tons of spices in my cupboards and buy them at many places.  If I'd ever run out of anything Aldi's carries I'd buy it/them there for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

What spices are you looking for?  If it's cumin and coriander seeds, I don't think Aldi sells those.  They have garlic powder, salt, pepper, onions, common things like that.

I recently ran out of their garlic powder.  That was surprising because I didn't realized I used it that much.  The quality is comparable to Penzey's.

ETA: I went this morning.  They don't have whole seeds.  They do have dried herbs, meat tenderizer, onions, garlic powder and things like that.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.