Honored Contributor

Re: Air fryer for 1 person

[ Edited ]

I have been looking for one but I want a removable basket which I have not found yet. They all some type of crisper plate in them.

My 6 qt has a removable inner basket.

Trusted Contributor

i got mine from qvc about 3 yrs ago.. i live alone and got a small one... its a cooks essentials 3.4 quart.. i saw it on air and wanted to try it... i dont cook alot im not home alot... i'm able to eat meals at work. so i only cook on weekends and my days off.. i love mine... i dont use my oven alot, only for pizzas etc. when this one goes i will definetely get another one.. cooking just for me its the perfect size

Esteemed Contributor

If you have counter space, I would not worry about buying a small capacity air fryer as you will be amazed at what you will cook in that thing. You also will get better results, IMO, if items are not crowded. I also agree that a square/rectangle vs round container will allow you to use it for more items.

I purchased a few in the past couple of years because the first few burnt out very quickly. I finally found one at COSTCO online that I ordered and have been very happy w/ it. (COSTCO has an exceptional return policy).

Good luck and have fun when you get it home and try it. They really are great.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Air fryer for 1 person

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest - Just in case you might be interested in an air fryer from Dash, they just launched a 20% off sitewide sale for the new year—there's a code at the top of the site at bydash.com. Happy shopping!

Valued Contributor

Dash products are really good! Fantastic for portion control and for single/couples. Amazon caries a lot of their products. 

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased one from HSN Dash brand and it works great for 1 ot 2. It's easy to operate (simple selections) and easy to CLEAN! Takes up very little counter space.

Honored Contributor

I live alone and just got a new Instant Pot 6-1 airfryer, 6qt.---not a problem cooking for one or a bunch----had the same brand but just the basic model by IP and used it most days of the week for the last 3 years--I dropped the basket, broke the handle and just got tired of ripping open my thumb on the sharp edge where the handle was----or I would still be using it---Woman Frustrated