Honored Contributor

I thought it would be helpful to start a thread on this topic for those of us who are green horns, so to speak.

I have 2 questions to start...

1 - I would like to air fry Emeril's crab cakes...so would I air fry them from frozen or bring to room temp 1st?...and then what would be the ballpark temp/time?

2 - Where is the air frying time and temperatures chart Merideth referred to on air today?

TIA Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Honored Contributor

I am by no means an expert.  I'll tell you what I do.  If I were to bake the crab cakes in the oven at say 350 degrees, that's what I'd set the air fryer at.  Meredith was cooking salmon today and said to cook 10 minutes for every inch.  Meredith said you can cook fish from frozen or thawed, but thawed would come out better.  I would put on for five minutes, flip and check again every two minutes.  Less if they look almost done.

I didn't hear her talk about a chart.  I would guess it's either on the product page or her cook book.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I am by no means an expert.  I'll tell you what I do.  If I were to bake the crab cakes in the oven at say 350 degrees, that's what I'd set the air fryer at.  Meredith was cooking salmon today and said to cook 10 minutes for every inch.  Meredith said you can cook fish from frozen or thawed, but thawed would come out better.  I would put on for five minutes, flip and check again every two minutes.  Less if they look almost done.

I didn't hear her talk about a chart.  I would guess it's either on the product page or her cook book.

@GCR18  Bless your heart! Great helpful post...

I must have missed the particular info frozen - vs - thawed, even though I have been watching all day...and even now with Rick on.

And with the chart, glad to know it's in her book...glad I ordered it...TY Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Susan, the chart is on her webpage bluejeanchef.com. 

Honored Contributor

I didn't see Meredith demos today.  Does she spritz the food with a little oil before cooking?  I see her cookbook in paperback is $5 cheaper on Amazon with free shipping for Prime members.  Advanced orders.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I didn't see Meredith demos today.  Does she spritz the food with a little oil before cooking?  I see her cookbook in paperback is $5 cheaper on Amazon with free shipping for Prime members.  Advanced orders.

I didn't hear anything mentioned about oil.  The presentations I watched had the food coming out of the fryer.  I didn't see anything going in.  I've mainly cooked frozen things and they didn't need oil.

@Kachina624

Honored Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:

That's an obvious spot, not.  😀  she should put it on the q website.  @Renata22

Honored Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:

@Renata22 Thank you so much! I just printed it off Smiley Happy