Esteemed Contributor

I have a dumb question, but have no idea.

I ordered an EVOO from Amazon and just received the box.  It's frozen solid!  Will this adversely affect the quality/taste or will it be all right once it thaws?

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme

I had this happen to me a few years ago.  I called the company I had ordered from and asked them.  They said it wouldn’t be affected.  To just leave the oil out at room temperature and it would thaw.  It did.  I shook it lightly to mix up the particles at the bottom, and lo and behold, it was just fine.  What I didn’t use immediately I stored as usual, used when it needed it, and never could tell anything out of the ordinary had happened to it.

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette

Thank you!  It's out on the counter, but must be cold in house 'cause it's still frozen solid.

Thanks again, at least I know it'll be all right!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@geezerette

Thank you!  It's out on the counter, but must be cold in house 'cause it's still frozen solid.

Thanks again, at least I know it'll be all right!

@eddyandme

I should have added that it took mine a couple of days to completely thaw out.  But do just leave it out at room temperature, don’t be tempted to heat it in any way to hurry the thawing along. 

It may look cloudy when it does thaw out, but it has just settled and gently upending the bottle will mix it back up after it reaches room temperature 

Respected Contributor

Don't forget to put something under it to catch the sweat water from the condensation on the outside.  A cookie sheet with a wire cooling rack set inside should do it.