Honored Contributor

It's nice to see a Lenox tablecloth and napkins on ITKWD tonight.

I'm not in need of Christmas decor, but I hope to see more table linens in future shows.

Buyers, if you're "listening", I especially like vintage patterns.  I've collected some lovely ones from Ebay and estate sales, but I'd love some new options, too.

Anyone else love napkins and table cloths?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: It's nice to see a Lenox tablecloth and napkins on ITKWD tonight.

@house_cat  Yes, I understand your obsession.  I love setting a  beautiful table.  At this point, I'm downsizing and not adding to my too full cabinets.  So I restrain myself, and know that my love for a simple way of life overrides any acquisition.  Yes, I love linens but no longer have the need to purchase.  Have fun and enjoy your vintage tablecloths!

Super Contributor

I absolutely agree. I love anything Lenox by the way.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@house_cat  Yes, I understand your obsession.  I love setting a  beautiful table.  At this point, I'm downsizing and not adding to my too full cabinets.  So I restrain myself, and know that my love for a simple way of life overrides any acquisition.  Yes, I love linens but no longer have the need to purchase.  Have fun and enjoy your vintage tablecloths!

@phoenixbrd

I've already downsized and have very limited space.  My "collection" consists of 4 or 5 vintage tablecloths, but I love them dearly and use them often, so they're worth the real estate that they occupy in my cabinet.  Luckily, my table requires a 60"x84" cloth, which is nearly impossible to find in the mid-century styles that I collect, so I'm pretty safe.  I do enjoy the hunt, though.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Yes!  I use a tablecloth in the kitchen, where we dine.

I am always on the lookout for (preferably) a 60" round, but I can use a 70", also.

I have several that I change with the seasons.  The round always seems to be scarce.

We use paper napkins, but I keep them in one of my many Temp-tations holders with S&P shaker birds that sit on a little nest on top of the stack of napkins. Again, I change those with the seasons.  I love playing with that stuff.🍽

Once I found clothing sewn from vintage linens (mostly shirts).  They were very cool, and I wore them to death.  The embroidery and fabrics were lovely.  I even had a dress made from a vintage tablecloth.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@house_cat  You are an inspiration....thanks for sharing and enjoy the hunt!

@house_cat wrote:

I've already downsized and have very limited space.  My "collection" consists of 4 or 5 vintage tablecloths, but I love them dearly and use them often, so they're worth the real estate that they occupy in my cabinet.  Luckily, my table requires a 60"x84" cloth, which is nearly impossible to find in the mid-century styles that I collect, so I'm pretty safe.  I do enjoy the hunt, though.

Trusted Contributor

I agree as well.  Lenox ALWAYS delivers quality and beauty.

A timeless brand that will always be in my home !

Valued Contributor

I want to see more linens too.  A beautifully set table is the first part of a great meal, and I love decorating the table for the seasons.  I think this love was passed down to me from my mom and her mom.  I think an inviting table makes your family and friends feel special.

Respected Contributor

I have almost all the Lenox Christmas table linens. The department stores have great after Christmas sales to pick up coordinating items.