Respected Contributor

I have an AF & 2 pressure cooker and have been thinking about an IP.  Which do you prefer?

Respected Contributor

Re: Air Fryer or Instant Pot

They’re 2 different appliances that cook different ways. I wouldn’t give up either one. An Instant Pot is just a brand of a pressure cooker, so if you have an electric pressure cooker, you don’t need an Instant Pot unless you’re wanting a different size or wanting some of the features that the more expensive ones offer.

Honored Contributor

I have air fryer, 4 qt CE electric pressure cooker, and 6 qt Instant Pot. I enjoy using them and no need to get rid of any of them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've always loved pressure cooker cooking.  The new ones are so versatile with all their many functions.  Allowed me to get rid of my slow cooker which was hogging valuable shelf space.  Meantime, my air fryer has never been out of the box.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I rarely use my instapot. The air fryer gets used almost every day though. 

Honored Contributor

That's like comparing winter coats and boots.  Those are two very different types of kitchen appliances.

Valued Contributor

As previous posters indicate they do different things. i don't have an air fryer but I do have an Instant pot and would highly recommend it if you're looking for a pressure cooker I would recommend the instant pot over a stove top version. I've always had a stove top pressure cooker and prefers the instant pot because I don't have to baby sit it. I also like that it has a stainless steel insert. 

Trusted Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

I have an AF & 2 pressure cooker and have been thinking about an IP.  Which do you prefer?

@coffee drinker

Why do you need multiples of each?

Honored Contributor

My Power XL Air Fryer just conked out on me for good, and I’ve only had it for about 18 months!  I used it everyday and loved it; I never expected such a short lifespan.

I’ve heard that Philips is introducing a digital version of their extra large capacity “XXL” model (the current analog XXL model costs $299).  It’s supposed to be available later this year.  I hope so, but I’m wary of the price tag.

Contributor

How do you live without either? LOL

l bought the Philips Air Fryer when it hit the airwaves many years ago. Love it except it was a pain in the patouti to clean that inner basket. We used it for everything. Then got sucked in by another that was half the price. Basket cleaning even worse. We still use it all the time. They are wonderful.

Pressure cookers? At the moment I have three.

I had the original 8 1/2 gt. CE oval one for nearly 18 years before it died. I still had a 4 qt round CE that is great, but too small for some things. So I invested in a 6 qt Instant Pot and I fell in love again. I decided to use it to make my yogurt. Fantastic, but it tied up my IP for too long. Out came the Baby 3 qt. IP so I got it strictly for making yogurts. 

The moral of my story is that these appliances each have a purpose. They make my life easier and healthier..

You only live once, live it with gusto!