Honored Contributor

Re: Advice on Kitchen remodel please

We gutted and updated our galley kitchen 2 years ago; absolutely no regrets, and we are 100% satisfied with the results.   From the tear out to the last sealer applied to the wall tile, took 10 days.  

We had 2 unplanned surprises; replacing the subfloor, and buying a new refrigerator.  Financially it was not a problem, but I was not prepared for the dusty mess created from replacing the subfloor.   It literally took months to get rid of all the dust from that part of the job.   

Our cabinets were a special order from a local cabinet maker, who also made a customized hutch/China cabinet for my dining room as well.   I went with silver satin finish cabinet hardware; single button pull knobs for cabinets with doors, and dove tail pulls for all drawers.    

Honored Contributor

Re: Advice on Kitchen remodel please

Reminds me of the time when we had our first home totally repainted because we were getting ready to sell it. That chalk dust went everywhere even though we covered and the workers covered the TV's, furniture, etc.

You never totally got rid of it. We swore never again. 

Now, in the 2nd home we built I went with a color (peachy) that I would never tire of and when we go to our final home (nursing home) who ever buys the place will have to repaint themselves we're not living thru that mess.

You should post pics !