Honored Contributor

There is no expiration date on them and I've had some for over a year. They taste fine but not sure is there any other way to tell? 

Thank you

Respected Contributor

Re: ? About cake "sprinkles"

I think you are safe using them for years. As long as they will come out of the bottle I think they are fine.

Respected Contributor

@Kitlynn wrote:

I think you are safe using them for years. As long as they will come out of the bottle I think they are fine.

This made me laughSmiley Happy

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

What I know for sure is that during my childhood years, we always had a supply of several bottles/colors in the kitchen cabinet & Mom only bought more when we ran out.  So far, nobody in my family has perished from eating cupcakes with old sprinkles on them.  We are pretty old now, too.

Woman LOL

Regular Contributor

Funny I should see this post today. I was just cleaning out my supplies last night and wondered the same thing! I threw several bottles away since they were at least a couple years old. They are inexpensive enough to buy more if I need them. I always have good intentions of making treats when I buy them, yet I usually never get around to making what I planned!
Super Contributor

I work at a food bank and we give away items 3 years after the date stamped on it. The govt has safety guidelines    ....never knew that so I'm sure they are fine!  

Respected Contributor

Oh my, I grew up with 20 years old sprinkles in the kitchen cabinet.  Those containers were never replaced, they just sat there but on occasion came out of the plastic container and were just fine. 

This one made me laugh when I read it. 

I don't think they'll ever go bad as long as you have them stored sealed.

Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone I had the same thought I'm still here! Come to think of it (as many reminded me) my mom, aunts, grandmothers just took them out of the closet and never worried about dates!

I asked as I'm doing the favors for an upcoming bridal shower and had some sanding sugar colors I need and didn't want to use them if they could be "old".

have a great day and upcoming baking season!