Respected Contributor

@novamc1  Yes, and me too to all the dairy items you mentioned as well as the other items.  I buy them too!  My family likes their English muffins and they're $.99 for a package of 6  and their ciabatta rolls are delicious and also taste wonderful toasted.  A box of their cinnamon graham crackers are $1.29 and in the regular grocery store Nabisco graham crackers were $3.89 a box the last time I checked.  I buy the flour and corn tortillas there too at a good savings.  Spices too, great prices.  If you start adding up the difference in price from Aldi's to other grocery stores each time you go, there's a big savings and it adds up quickly.   

In their center aisles you can also find some nice buys.  I bought a set of ceramic frying pans 8, 10 & 12 inch and they're made in Germany.  I looked up the manufacturer and reviews on that German brand of frying pans and they're very highly rated.  Their soy candles are nice too.     

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

@Nick and Nora wrote:

It's a mix.  There are some things we like at Aldi, some we don't, and I keep a list of which is which.  We enjoy some of their ice cream, bakery stuff, condiments, the breaded chicken filets, some produce and coffees.  

Don't care at all for their house brand of chips or yogurts and many other things.

Prices are generally quite a bit lower than other nearby markets, and Aldi came through for us when you couldn't find white vinegar for love or money.

Bleach too and they weren't price gouging.

Honored Contributor

Re: A Good Find At Aldis

[ Edited ]

I forgot to mention....

I always buy the half gallon carton of Horizon Organics Heavy Whipping Cream at Costco.  They've been out for many weeks and I was down to my last little bit.  Aldi's came through today.  Bonus points for theirs not containing carrageenan!

Respected Contributor

Cream cheese too.  When everyone else was out of it, Aldi's came through. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

Last week I picked up a gyro kit in the frozen section and it was pretty darn good!   The produce isn't always the best-looking at our store, but the bagged kale is a great deal and it's already chopped for salads.

Respected Contributor

Re: A Good Find At Aldis

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

You mentioned in your first post about a seafood mixture you'd seen at Aldi.

Was it similar to this one from Costco?  Costo's bag is bigger of course and priced at $20.99 for 2.5 pounds.

No linguine in it, however.

View Larger Image 1

Esteemed Contributor

@novamc1   There weren't any scallops.  It wasn't loaded with shrimp, mussels or calamari but for the price I didn't expect.

I would still buy it again. 

Valued Contributor

novamc1 - My Trader Joe's is over an hour away so I only stop in when I am in that area.  They have wonderful Kringles from Wisconsin.  I have to watch when I shop as they come in Tuesday nights so if I stop in Wednesday or Thursday I can usually get them.  They run about $8.00 per Kringle, much cheaper than Q.  I never know what flavor, but we love them all so I pick up a couple, slice and put in the freezer.  For a quick treat I pop a slice or two in the oven to defrost and warm up.  Their flowers and wines are great also.  I would love to try some of the frozen items but they wouldn't stay frozen for the trip home I am sure.

Respected Contributor

Aldi has Kringles from Wisconsin too.  They only carry two flavors.  Raspberry and Almond.  They are delicious!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

A9701532-7BB4-495D-AC7D-8C8AAF3617C5.jpeg

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward