Valued Contributor

Re: $8 a jar for spaghetti sauce?

I bought a $9 jar off the Beekman 1802 website. It was a spicy version of their spaghetti sauce. I had never seen spicy sauce before. It was pretty good, but I felt I could not afford to do that ofen. Then one day I found a jar at TJ Maxx of a spicy spaghetti sauce for $3. I put it in my cart, but when I got home, it wasn't in any bag. Either somoene took it from my cart, or the checker forgot to ring it up (it was not on the receipt). So I didn't get a chance to try another brand of a spicy sauce. I would love to find some but not for $9 a jar.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

In my opinion there is no better jarred sauce than Raos. When it’s on sale I stock up.

Love love love Raos! It's the best.

Honored Contributor

Rao's is the one David V. recommends.  I bought a jar for "just in case", but haven't used it yet.  I make my own sauce.   

Respected Contributor

no way. for us homemade sauce all the way.

Valued Contributor

When I am in the mood for a quick pasta dinner I grab one of these.61evunlu3mL._SY355_.jpg

Tastes great with a spicy bit of heat.  I usually add some small frozen meatballs to it.

Respected Contributor

I myself enjoy Prego it is the closest to my homemade. My husband can't tell the difference. So buy what you prefer.

Esteemed Contributor

I make my own and freeze portions for use later.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

nope!   ( dont buy any food from shopping channels though)

Respected Contributor

Yes I am going back to my homemade . Much better for health.

Honored Contributor

Prego has a healthy option sauce. I think a lot of the jar ones are very good though there's nothing like homemade.