Contributor

I could go to a very good local bakery and purchase 4 to 5 high quallity deserts for that price.  Also the ones from the bakery are fresh,not made and frozen and shipped across the country. 

Valued Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@JobGirl wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

The price is in line for custom cakes.  Here is a cake I had made for DH's "big" birthday and paid double that price:

IMG_0708.jpg

Oh so they were customizing them to each order?

No I didn't think so

hardly a comparison to the cake on air in any way at all

@JobGirl:  I said "in line with custom cakes", never said the one on air was customized.

I didn't understand the comparison of price to be in line with a custom cake since the one they were selling was not a custom cake and the one you paid double for was

Trusted Contributor

I am searching my kitchen now for cookbooks and to see what kind of cake pans I possess.  Going into business making cakes now makes perfect sense.

Valued Contributor

The show was about BIG I suppose because David is super sized but wow did that pie-cake look terrible!  Good luck cutting into it.  Just cannot figure out some of the decisions QVC makes about items to present.  This one takes the cake!

Regular Contributor

WOW! IMO, this takes the high price(s) of QVC foods to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. $219.89 is the price when I look at it online. I've had Junior's when I was in the city and is it good? Sure I guess. Honestly though, it isn't difficult making a darn good cheesecake or a cheesecake with a typical cake in it as well or even an obscure type of dessert.

Trusted Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

Not hard to believe the other thread was shut down after reading such nasty, bitter comments over a cake is this one.  I just don't get it.  

How many of the cakes did you buy?  

Trusted Contributor

@SarahW wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

Not hard to believe the other thread was shut down after reading such nasty, bitter comments over a cake is this one.  I just don't get it.  

How many of the cakes did you buy?  

I didn’t buy any cakes, but I also didn’t go around spewing venom about David or QVC for selling it, either.

Respected Contributor

Re: $200 for a cake???!!!!

[ Edited ]

It sounds like it is based on the "Turduckhen" (sp).  Can't wait to read the reviews.

Super Contributor

@devotruth wrote:

The Junior's cake for $200 is unbelieveable, and not in a good way.  People are spending this on a cake!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi @devotruth. Wow, after reading a few of the comments here, I just had to check out this item and, darn it, I was going to order it at the "bargain" price of $199.00 but now that it's $219.00, well that's a deal breaker for me!. Err, no, not in a million years! The photo of it actually looked rather grotesque and nauseating IMHO.

Can you or anyone else here tell me when this was presented? I usually watch ITKWD on Sundays and Wednesdays but definitely don't recall seeing this monstrosity.

Occasional Contributor

You missed that bargain of a price last evening, during David's "mega-size" holidays or similar titled program.  Mostly decor items and enjoyable but this treat was offensive.