Honored Contributor

A bunch of everything in the frig and pantry thrown together and called something  very special...NOT!

Respected Contributor

House Cat...loved your post...

I KNEW it was tremendous because I could see it on the screen WITHOUT my glasses!!!!

Gave me a great idea though.....I can take all the scrapings from the Thanksgiving dinner ( carcass, veggie peelings, congealed gravy, leftover green bean casserole, etc)...layer it nicely in a pretty Temptations 9x13 baker( with a fluted edge, raised hand painted design, and fall colors....that can go in freezer AND microwave- I'll only need to dirty ONE dish!!!!)

Slather some icing on it and serve it to my unsuspecting guests!!!!

They would probably have to undo thier thumbholes on thier droopy shirts to keep the glop off their sleeves....

Luckily it's served at the END of the meal. I'd have to drink a CASE of O-Leary's wine just to sample that mess.

Who thinks this stuff up???? And David is a MASTER SALESMAN to be able to keep a straight face AND have to taste and pretend "he liked it". That was the WORST thing I think QVC has presented in thier food line. Big for Big's sake for that show.

REE DIC YOU LUSS.

Respected Contributor

I guess I missed the presentation. I had to search products to make sure this wasn't a joke. I knew today isn't April 1 !

I am now speechless. 

Respected Contributor

My husband and I watched the presentation last night. Both of our jaws dropped at the mess that was on the screen. It did not look appetizing at all. Who wants a heavy, thick bunch of goo after eating a Thanksgiving dinner?? My husband loves sweets and even he wasn't tempted by it. The rep stated they made it just for QVC. Probably, because I can't imagine a mess like that in a bakery window. Disgusting. The price is no bargin either!

Valued Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

The price is in line for custom cakes.  Here is a cake I had made for DH's "big" birthday and paid double that price:

IMG_0708.jpg

Oh so they were customizing them to each order?

No I didn't think so

hardly a comparison to the cake on air in any way at all

Valued Contributor

Guess I'm simple, too. I prefer having one taste at a time; a slice of apple, or a slice of pumpkin, etc. 

I noticed how how large the pieces were being cut to keep the slice together.  I think it would be messy trying to slice into 24 pieces.

Respected Contributor

@JobGirl wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

The price is in line for custom cakes.  Here is a cake I had made for DH's "big" birthday and paid double that price:

IMG_0708.jpg

Oh so they were customizing them to each order?

No I didn't think so

hardly a comparison to the cake on air in any way at all

@JobGirl:  I said "in line with custom cakes", never said the one on air was customized.

Trusted Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

IMG_0708.jpg

Wow you must know how to throw a party.  Was it good?  I'd cut right into the ship lol 

Respected Contributor

How ironic that the $200 unappetizing, needlessly calorie laden mess was "created" by a middle aged man with a pot belly and double chins. Perhaps he would be better served by sticking with his "happy dance" Chinese dumplings.

Trusted Contributor

Not hard to believe the other thread was shut down after reading such nasty, bitter comments over a cake is this one.  I just don't get it.